Police Can Be 'down With The Kids'

Mollys Dad

Found this in the Icelandic news:

(http://www.icelandreview.com/icelandreview/daily_news/Why_Iceland_is_the_Most_Peaceful_Country_in_the_World_0_400849.news.aspx)

Why Iceland is the Most Peaceful Country in the World

This is from the Police Diary:

"We drove upon three young boys struggling with doing ordinary “ollies†on skateboards. Of course, the police offered assistance on this matter on this sunny day in Reykjavík for "Ollie teaching technique". They burst out in laughter: 0).. “yeah sureâ€. So to prove a point we did one better and did "ollie kick flip" …they stopped laughing and we got a "fist bump - respect" from them for the perfect landing."

400x400_police_on_skateboard_instagram_1

From the police files on Instagram.

You can find the report on Instagram here.

Ha !!!!

That's awesome.

I struggled with Ollie Kickflips 35 years ago.

(sigh those were the days) :yahoo:

I can't stand on a skateboard without falling off - never mind all this fancy trick business!

I did this for nearly 10 years.

Was better on Ramps and pools than freestyle.but . . . yeah I was good. :)

Polaroids? 126 (is that what they were called?) Or maybe some of the earlier 35mm film? That kinda stuff had to be filmed, but obviously not 'youtube'd in those days :D

While had magic picture making boxes back in prehistoric times. we were too busy engaged in the sport to think of taking pics.

todays instagram and Youtube culture didn't exist.

There was a guy who followed skaters in Oxford in the late 70's early 80's taking pics of us in action.

from official skateparks to building guerilla ramps in abandonded offices.

he was getting stuff for a book on the emergence of skating from home made boards to freestyle and park riding.

He took loads pics.

no idea what happened to him.