Fleas Invasion!

winterchillz

Barely got any sleep last night as Ares seems to be covered in fleas! :(

It all started a couple of days ago when I noticed that he's scratching himself much more than usual. I checked him out and I saw that he had a flea running around at the spot that he scratched. Went to the pet shop and I got some chemical that you mix with water and then spray the dog, the place where it goes etc. The woman who sold me this even said that I can wash Ares with it, however, at this point, this sounded a bit too extreme and I decided to just spray him.

Last night I noticed that he keeps on scratching even more aggressive than before. Upon checking I saw like 8 fleas running around in the area around his belly and testicles where the fur is short. I was thinking about waiting until the morning and then taking him to the vet, but he was just too nervous to wait until the morning.

Around midnight I got him into the bathroom and decided to bath him only with the chemical. This pretty much gave him a paranoia of the bathroom as at first he was growling back at me and by the end he was crying out loud to let him out. However, we couldn't stop here as I had to wait like 30 minutes and see if it'd actually work. I didn't see any fleas to come off so I gave him a bath with clean water. Earlier that day I spoke to one of our neighbors and she mentioned that she used the same chemical when she had a dog, but it caused vomiting and dehydration. At that point I was happy that I didn't shower Ares with it, but later on I couldn't see any other choice.

At around 1:30 AM we went to bed, but he'd just keep on scratching and keep on scratching. :( That went on until like 3 AM and then he fell asleep and I did too. This morning was pretty much the same, I checked out his belly again and I can see that he's starting to get small wounds of the bites and the scratching so I'm taking him to the vet later today. Hope we will get this out sorted quickly, bloody fleas attacked me as well!

It's sad that he also has anti-parasite collar that we don't take off and he still got such a severe fleas infestation. :(

/rant over.

If he's been allowed to roam in long grass, they proliferate  there 

especially after a warm spell, followed by a warm wet spell of weather.

I used frontline and have never had fleas with it.

When i got Shadow he got fleas (from the bloody cats in the house we were in at the time) and he was absolutely covered in them i bathed him with a flea shampoo and took him to the vets where we got front line. Fleas were gone after that and didn't come back i did also have to get flea spray for the house and do the whole house to. They attacked me to horrible things!!!

I will take a look for Frontline around, although I highly doubt they have it, probably I'll have to order it online.

We just went to the vet and he asked me to shower him with another chemical. This almost didn't happen as Ares was constantly biting me. Then we went back to the vet and he put some blue thing all over him, said we shouldn't shower for a week or so. I really hope the fleas will go away. :/

I never had fleas but from what I've heard you might have to get something to get rid them in your house. Those things are hard to get rid of :/

Yep, I will probably have to do that. I just want them off Ares as soon as possible, it'd be much easier after that.