Gaining Weight

Stormy

Right i am trying to gain weight its been a constant battle most my life as i have a really fast metabolism but i feel i could be doing more to gain weight.... 

So any one know any good types of food for gaining weight?? Also i dont want everyone to start saying about gaining muscle weight as i do not want to look stupid i want to actually be FATTER not muscly lol :)

As an idea of what i already eat in a typical day:

I will have porridge in the morning or toast or even both sometimes... normally cheese on toast.

Lunch ill have either a couple of sandwiches crisps and a chocolate bar or yoghurt or both, or ill have pasta with cheese and tuna or ham etc, or ill have left over dinner like chilli con carne etc

Dinner varies but will be a full meal of some kind of meat with mash and veg, or something with rice or something with chips and spaghetti and i normally always do atleast one full roast per week.

I drink quite alot of coffee and fizzy drinks but i also drink orange squash alot also.

Obviously i walk quite a bit with the dogs but that is most of the excersize i do apart from pushing things about at work and walking around there for 8 - 9 hours etc.

So any tips advise etc remembering i want to gain fat not look like a body builder :) lol

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I was 8 1/2 stone until I was 22 Like you a fast metabolism

Eat anything, weight just didn't budge.

Then I started driving, 

and slowly the weight crept up.

Until now 30 years later, I'm just a pound or two (Well stone or two :P) over what my average weight should be.

at some point your metabolism should start to slow down.

Talk to your doctor.

They can put you in touch with a professional dietician.

McDonalds, Burger King etc. :P

But, seriously, how much do you weight? You look just perfect on the pictures that you've posted so far.

Yeah i said i want to gain weight but not be unhealthy haha i do like a mcdonalds or burger king though ooooo and kfc! that is one advantage of being like this i can eat them whenever i want!

I weigh just under 7 stone which is impressive as i only got up to that in the last year so i have managed to gain some weight im just fed up of looking thin i was stuck at 6 stone for AGES!

LOL I was 8 1/2 stone until I was 22 Like you a fast metabolism

Eat anything, weight just didn't budge.

Then I started driving, 

and slowly the weight crept up.

Until now 30 years later, I'm just a pound or two (Well stone or two :P) over what my average weight should be.

at some point your metabolism should start to slow down.

Talk to your doctor.

They can put you in touch with a professional dietician.

Yeah ive spoke to the doctors they just always tell me to keep a food diary and i had all the thyroid tests etc to rule out anything like that and all was fine it just literally is genetic and runs in the family i think we worked out i need to eat a ridiculous amount of caleries to gain any weight.

complan milk shake drinks, these are to help put weight on 

Yeah i have thought about these i had them when i was around 13 though they didn't do anything then but i may give them another try.

You can always buy some of my extra weight.......need to lose about 3 stone.....

Buy it ?  You can have mine for free, I can even throw in a sweetener lol

Looking at what you eat it's a very healthy diet your eating, you like pasta so maybe pasta with some heavier cream sauces,  instead of a yoghurt a full fat milk pudding,  I used to have a recipe for an old fashioned posset, if I can find it will send it to you.  The thing is, you want to put on weight but you don't want to be unhealthy, no can do because healthy foods, the sort your eating now with your level of exercise won't put any pounds on, your porridge ?  Instant or made with full fat milk ?  Do you add a little sugar/jam/honey ?  You can add calories all sorts of places. 

eat your normal but just have a couple of shakes a day in between meals like one at 10 and one at 3.  protein shake, slim fast shake something like that just to bump up the amount of calories your taking in but no in a bad way like having burgers etc.

its easier to take the shakes than forcing yourself to eat found when you don't fancy it.

I'd not worry too much, you will eventually gain weight naturally as you get older. I'm heavier now than I was full term pregnant an returned to my pre preg weight every time of just between 7.5 an 8 st.. I'm 10.5 now!! Trying to shed a stone lol