False Pregnancy? ):

Danny_Caity

So, it's 2:30am, and Nika just won't settle down to sleep with the pups. She's mothering this toy she has to death, won't let it out of her sight, growling at the others when they play with it. She has no visible swelling or lactation, but it's about the right time for a false pregnancy to occur for her, she had her first season about 2 months ago, plus, she was playing with Asha and Damian's dad yesterday, who tried to mount her at least 10 times. We watched like a hawk and nothing happened, but could that have caused it? I don't want her having a false pregnancy, it's sad to watch ):

Echo was already "fixed" when we rescued her.

Daughtry we had Spayed about a year ago.

Neither has ever shown any signs of Phantom pregnancies.

sorry can't really help.

I would consult a vet, and if its not a false pregnancy I would get her spayed as soon as possible. You can watch them as much as possible but honestly the only way to prevent a pregnancy from happening is by spaying the female or neutering the males, and when males sense a female in heat they will try to break into your yard so accidental pregnancies can come from another dog so I would honestly spay the female first. I got all three of mine done, don't have to deal with heats, no worrying about males at the dog park getting my female pregnant, and no worrying about my males causing fights or getting females at the dog park pregnant. I hope everything is well with Nika though and again I would consult the vet to know for sure.

Myshka had a phantom pregnancy when she was 3, it was sad watching her go through it. It came out of nowhere. She has never bothered with toys so she never nested any toys etc but usually she is a very independent little madam, going through that all she did was cry and mope around, she wouldn't settle etc then she started lactating. That settled our decision, amongst others, to get her spayed

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD