Switching To Anti Pull Harness

*jax*

After chatting to a Husky owner in the park I'm going to try an anti-pull harness. I've bought a  Premier Easy Walk Harness which was recommended by the owner. Elka is not keen on the harness and tried chewing it while i was fitting it. Going to take her out with it today but using her usual lead on her collar and a lead on the harness until she gets used to it. 

Elka is not to bad on the lead but at times can pull and despite her small size is strong! The owners i spoke to suggested that Elka will get stronger with age and so it would be good to stop the pulling now. They have a to year old male called Ted who was gorgeous!

Any tips on switching would be helpful :)

Elka at the dog park near my home with 30ft lead 

33600832-d523-45cf-bda9-b04ba0736873.jpg

Having great trouble fitting this harness. It seems to be too far forward and won't go behind her shoulders no matter how much i adjust it. Its the right size as she is within to chest guidelines. Hope i haven't wasted my money!

Another thing to be aware of these types harness that fit directly behind the front legs.

If they are too tight (no slack at all) they can rub causing bleeding around the armpits.

Thanks think i had it nearly correctly fitted. On the instuctions its an outline of a dog and the tummy and back strap are inline but in the video there is a slight Y. Seems impossible to get the straps inline when fitting to Elka. Will have another go at fitting maybe pull it back from her legs a bit as the strap does seem to be cutting in.

Check that the black strap going under the chest has some slack this is where it might rub if too tight.

Otherwise it looks fine.

Had a great walk! I led Elka round the garden but didn't feel comfortable with just the harness alone. Its great for guiding her back to me but found other directions a bit more difficult. So i took her out with both a collar and harness leads. Elka doesn't pull all the time so the collar lead was taught at these points. Then when she pulled ahead i used the harness lead to guide her back to my side. She seemed to get the hang of it quite quickly and on the way home walked by my side with very little pulling at all. It was hot though which does normally slow her down. I really enjoyed the feeling of having a bit more control over her pulling and so really enjoyed all of the walk. We were out for two and half hours in the end and she is now flaked out while i get ready to go out. So winwin all round  :up: