You Are In Are You Opting Out ?

Dunc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-23136965

They are if it goes though going to change the law on organ donation everyone will be in it and for the 1st time you will have to opted out if you don't want your organs to be used after you die.

I have never put much thought into this but being done this way its making me think about it  and to be honest am not sure how I feel about it :wacko: 

What about you ? 

No I think it should be you have to opt out.

and they CAN automatically harvest organs to help others.

Tens of thousands of people will be saved as opposed to just a few hundred with the current system.

think im with andy on this one, I *think* im down as a doner for everything bar my eyes (mum asked me not to, she said its creepy) but i dont have a card so im not sure, i remember filling something in though!

IMO this is a much better solution than having to have a donor card as this way the medical team don't have to discuss organ donation with a bereaved family who may not be ware of his or her wishes on organ donation.  It also sparks debate and those who don't wich to donate for any reason can opt out

At my age it doesn't matter much - by the time I go, most of my organs will be so knackered they'll be useless to anyone else! 

Seriously though, people can do whatever they like with my body once I'm dead - I certainly won't be worried one way or the other.

im a donor.... and god forbid anything happens to myself or eden-willow id like to know that we saved someone else

we all have to be cut up for an autopsy anyway and our cadavers arent using the stuff anymore

you should have to opt out

I dont think it should be automatic.

I dont know what i want to do, but i do know that if it was my kids id say no. Id want to bury them complete.

its over 18s only

Definitely not your liver  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

i think it's a good policy. wish it would come over here.

i'm a donor. i can't take it with me so why not try to save a life? that's if any of my organs are even usable ;)

LOL  Well mine either...I plan on using it up before then, and so far I am successful.  That reminds me...time for a refill

Currently doing some serious damage to mine. . .:P

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't given much thought to organ donation, but I think this is a good idea............especially when you think about the the lives that could be saved or changed so dramatically after you do so. What gets me though is while you donate the organs, the doctors, hospitals, insurance and drug companies (for the meds required following a transplant) are making millions.

I had a very dear friend who received a kidney transplant and the bills very nearly ate up their farm................sadly, she later succumbed from brain cancer (vicious way to go)....I think I'd be more apt to donate if the doctors, hospitals, and drug companies weren't making so much from another's distress. I know their talents and the research involved in organ donation are costly, I just find it horrendous that they make so much basically off of my donation.

And yes, I know............I have a very strange way of looking at things. That's why I'm a writer! LOL