Where Can I Got A Furminator From?!

Danny_Caity

Ebay, loads cheaper than from your local pet store too

Can you buy them new? I'm a little 'iffy' as to whether other dogs have been groomed with them.

Yes they are fully packaged new not used but loads cheaper.

Had one didn't like it too much.

I just use a good undercoat rake. :)

I've been looking for a place to buy a good FURminator and I cannot for the life of me find one...could someone help? Maybe someone could offer a web address? :S

Wouldn't use one if given... Because of the type of coats that Huskies and Mals have, it can ruin their guard fur which takes ages to grow back. Best using a decent rake and a slicker brush

Wouldn't use one if given... Because of the type of coats that Huskies and Mals have, it can ruin their guard fur which takes ages to grow back. Best using a decent rake and a slicker brush

Should have said, we have the furminator slicker brush, but not the rake kind... The slicker brush is good.... But wouldn't use the rake kind on Kodi because it damages the guard fur with the blades. Edited by RJS

I second this! Our breeder said never to use them on Huskies. They rip fur and leave patches.

I used one when we first got Myshka & I could actually hear it cutting the guard hairs, it was quite scary, so now I used a Mikki anti-tangle undercoat rake & a flat slicker brush on the tails as advised by our groomer, much more fur friendly - the furminator does get the fur up off the rugs & mats though! :P

I used one when we first got Myshka & I could actually hear it cutting the guard hairs, it was quite scary, so now I used a Mikki anti-tangle undercoat rake & a flat slicker brush on the tails as advised by our groomer, much more fur friendly - the furminator does get the fur up off the rugs & mats though! :P

We use a window squeegee to get the fur out of the carpet! :lol:

And if Furminators aren't the way to go, any brands to recommend? We have a wire brush because that works wonders on my mum and dad's GSD, but it's not great for ours. 

- Caity