Council Complaint

Stormy

Friend who lives down the same estate with me that i worked with at the old store has had a letter of complaint from the council today about noise from her dog.

Seems to be getting really silly down this road with people complaining about silly things one guy down this road had a complaint about his car blocking a drive .... his car was actually parked opposite my drive (not blocking it) and obv the yellow car doesn't move anyway so he thought hmm thats really strange... to find out obviously it wasn't us that had complained but it was the guy opposite (the one who seems to have a problem with anyone down this road) 

So she is really upset and angry as her dog makes no noise through the day (i can even vouch for that everytime i have walked past and she is at work etc there hasn't been any noise atall) the only time he makes any noise is in the back garden when she is home as she backs onto the canal so he sees all dogs walking by but this is normal of most dogs and it isn't 24 7 or for hours on end. Also there are actually some dogs that do bark quite alot down this road there are two little yorkie things that are always barking and at the window and another dog further down that also barks all day so for her to be targeted is just not on. 

Obviously now the council are going to keep an eye on the noise and i think they will monitor it and if they do find anything of concern (which they wont) she can get a £5000 fine and an asbo!

What a bunch of huey to deal with.  Also, what's an "asbo"? My apologies if that is a stupid question.  We all know there are no dumb questions.

We are having the same problems with our neighbours, we can't cough,laugh,sneeze,talk in bedrooms or run up and down stairs past 9pm or a complaint goes in or they hammer on the walls, we got Keiko when she was 6 weeks old so we had her for 7 weeks in the house before she went on walks. The 1st day we walked her after her jabs a complaint went in the next day (she saw us walking her) about us getting a new dog and that it barked and cried all day and night. That complaint was ignored as the council had met Keiko 3 times before that. This has been going on for 3 years now.

All they will do is bring in the noise people to record noise from the house where the complainer is, if it isn't considered loud enough nothing will happen. They might even knock and ask other neighbours if they can hear it.

It does sound like this person has nothing better to do and is bored so is trying to make everyone around him suffer.  That or he really has something against dogs. If the lady knows her dog doesn't make noise she should try and ignore it. Those letters are standard. We've had our fair share lol

I nearly had an asbo once. ... equally as stupid a reason as this too haha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ive seen you drunk ...... No way was it only once LMAO

You're joking?? What is wrong with people? Can they not just live & let live - let neighbours get on with their lives? Maybe they like the thought of winding people up & it gives them a power trip or something. I can't understand it.

Really sorry your friend is experiencing this, she needs to work with the council & say she will set a recording device at a time / day of their choosing to prove the accusations are unfounded, and if there is a barking dog, that it's not hers.

wow, that's crazy!  My neighbor's dog barks ALL the time!  She is never home and everytime someone walk by they go nuts.  I wonder if other neighbors think it's my dogs, because she never walks hers and I am always out walking mine.  

Seriously? sheesh

Paws up who thinks next husky meet should be at storms lol lets all go speak to this prat!

that would be class and I would be first in BUT that would cause storm so much trouble in the future not a good idea unfortunately

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

that would be class and I would be first in BUT that would cause storm so much trouble in the future not a good idea unfortunately

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah lets not upset the neighbors anymore... lol though i do want to hold a meet this direction as i think the walks around here are really nice for a meet but it would be organised and meet at a car park not my house ;) lol

That's the problem with more "civilized" countries. In Bulgaria, most of the people who have houses also have dogs and those dogs are usually living in the backyard. So you get barking day and night long, but we're all so used to it that no one pays attention to it. I had a few people complaining about Ares howling when we let him roam the garden, but it was just soon after we got him, no one is complaining any more when he's crying or barking.

We've found that the best form of defence is attack. Because we have lots of dogs (12 at last count) whenever there is any dog noise in the area, we tend to get the blame, despite the fact that our dogs are the quietest in the neighbourhood. Now, whenever we get a complaint from the council, we simply say - OK! Come and monitor 24/7 for a fortnight, and you will find out exactly where the dog noise is coming from.

Interestingly, we had some builders in recently and when they arrived, they went to the house opposite, where two dogs bark incessantly all day long and knocked on the door. They got no (human) answer, just a huge increase in the noise from the neighbour's dogs, so went and sat in their van. I put our dogs into the garden and told the builders they had the wrong house and invited them in. "Oh" they said, "We were told it was the house with lots of dogs and when we arrived the dogs over there were going mad so we assumed that that was the house were were working on, but you don't have any dogs, do you?" When I told them we had 12 and introduced them, they were gobsmacked. 

People are always quick to judge the people they see out with their dogs .... what they dont realise is that us who actually are out and walk our dogs have happy calm dogs in the house..... they dont tend to notice the ones going mental in their houses due to not being walked enough etc :(

There is also an Akita that the owners just let roam around our estate off the lead... to be fair it is well behaved BUT it is not friendly with my two and im unsure of what i would do if i walked past it while it was roaming around... its bigger than my two now also.

My guys are pretty much silent unless someone knocks on the door then Echo

will go off barking loudly.

however she will stop after a minute or so.

Next doors little staffie starts at 07.30 when they get up and is pretty much barking at all and random things

on and off all day.