Puppy Food (Uk)

Barkers23

hi again!

another food question ha

I'm looking for some recommendations of dry puppy food for skyler.

she had been on a 50/50 split of wet pedigree chum puppy food and the purina beta puppy kibble. she was doing fine on this poos firm didn't seem to hyper etc.

then i get my mother and sister turning up with sacks of bakers complete and other wet food. i know changing her from food to food is not good and have read that bakers complete one is particularly not too good.

reading up on dry foods reviews on dog food analysis and its a bit overwhelming.

can anyone give me any recommendations on a dry puppy food, available in the uk which i should be feeding my pup.

thanks

It's whatever they can eat, that keeps them solid and has reasonably good ingredients.

Sometimes you can pay for the absolute best and they will turn thier nose up at it.

Or it will give them the runs.

Once you've got something that works stick with it.

However I will agree with stormy avoid almost everything on sale in your average supermarket.

(and whatever your vet reccomends, because they are sponsored, and some of it is expensive and not very good)

If you can find something better than the Purina, then great.:up:

but do a slow change over mix the two slowly phasing one in and the other out.

It's whatever they can eat, that keeps them solid and has reasonably good ingredients.

Sometimes you can pay for the absolute best and they will turn thier nose up at it.

Or it will give them the runs.

Once you've got something that works stick with it.

However I will agree with stormy avoid almost everything on sale in your average supermarket.

(and whatever your vet reccomends, because they are sponsored, and some of it is expensive and not very good)

Very good advice Andy :)

I'm feeding my pup eden http://uk.edenpetfoods.com/ They also have a facebook page. if you have any questions they are pretty quick to respond The bonus is the sample bags they do so your able to try it first. It's the one dry food that Keiko hasn't stopped eating, she would eat something for a while then stop so we had bags of food hanging around :S and it kinda smells like marmite lol

Mines on wainwrights

i spoke to the guy up the street and hes feeding his Wainwrights.  it has a much higher % meat content than what she is on now.

will try and get a small bag to try her.

• 2 weeks later...

my youngest girl start on csj puppy which she really like and i know quite a few husky owners feed it too xx