Stinky Husky

Matthewj

So, Loki our husky has had an upset tummy. I came downstairs the other day to find that he had messed in his crate(not his fault - upset tummy) anyways he was covered in poo and so a bath was very much in order. Happened again the following day and he was again covered, hence another bath. He is fine now, but for some reason he now absolutely stinks, as in his fur and general BO!!......I know they don't need many baths, but these two were not really avoidable and now his coat smells rotten( poor loki)...any idea's on how to get him back to normal?/

Thanks

Matt and Stinky! :D

sorry can't help, My two  Huskies rarely smell of anything.

Echo has Wet dog smell if it's been raining but then she's a GSD

Only thing i can think of is you have stripped the natural oils quite a bit in the fur so the smell has come back quicker than it normally would..... it works in the same way as if you wash your hair to much it gets dirty quicker so in order to stop this you need to refrane from a bath for a bit of time (i know thats not nice) then do it again with a gentle shampoo and see if that helps?

My male husky doesn't ever seem to smell he is self cleaning i normally really only bath him once a year unless its really needed like in your case it was. My female husky cross gsd though tends to get more of a smell than my full husky.