Asd Assessment........feel Sick!

Mia-Blue

Oh my God, I received a phone call this morning offering Brooke a cancellation for her Autism Spectrum Disorder assessment.....obviously I said yes! But I'm now feeling sick with worry! Her school observationwill take place at 1.30pm today, fortunately her lesson in maths and usually where most problems occur so they should see exactly what she is like! We then have to go for a multi disciplinery meeting on 26th July.........oh I can't describe how I feel, glad its finally happening, but sick in case we are wrong with our belief as to what is wrong, her educational psychologist keeps referring to the possibility of her having a multiple personality disorder!!.........I feel sick!!

:( Don't really know what to say to that apart from hope its goes well :(

Thanks Dunc, I don't know what to think! I'm just glad that were are heading in the right direction to get a diagnosis, I might not like what the diagnosis is, but at least it will help us know what we are dealing with!

Good luck, I hope the news is good but at least you'll get some answers. If you know what you are dealing with you can at least start to deal with it otherwise you are stuck in limbo. All the best x

Brooke didnt play up too much! Typical!

But it sounds as though the assessor had a really good chat with the maths teacher, learning mentor and educational psychologist so she should have a good picture of how Brooke is in school. Just have to wait for my turn on the 26th to take to the members of the multi discplinery team and for Brooke to take part in a series of tests. We then have another meeting to arrange with a clinical pyschogist to hopefully get a diagnosis. So it looks as though we will have some answers by the end of August!!