To Get First Husky

Zenapaws

Hi

just to update we have put a deposit down and pick her up on Thursday. We went for a female but have decided to call her Zena. Here is a picture, I'm sure you'll agree she is a stunner! Been busy this week getting all her stuff ready. It was very hard to pick one from the litter!

David

EEEEEEEK!! Puppieeeees!! :D those royal blue eyes! :wub: congratulations, David! :wave1:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to your adventures in Husky puppyland.

I hope everything goes smoothly and she's a perfect pup for you. . . . 

:lol: Really !!! who am I kidding it's a Husky. . :P

Zena will everything you don't expect, exactly when you don't expect her not to. . . :)

and if you can't make sense of that statement. . . Welcome to owning a Husky.

David, since you're still here with all the "you can't do this" discussion, I'll have to say that you'll make an excellent Husky Owner!

There'll be times when you feel like pulling all your hair out because of all the hair she sheds - but you'll make it, that's just part of the charm of a Husky!

Zena looks beautiful and those ice blue eyes in a black mask make her, literally, outstanding.  (( Uh, be aware that as she grows that mask will probably change - sometimes drastically! ))

You had to pick just one out of that litter of seven - I'd have spent all day and still have to come back before I made up my mind!

Congratulations, Welcome to the Forum and be prepared for some of the best years of your life!!

Hi

just to update we have put a deposit down and pick her up on Thursday. We went for a female but have decided to call her Zena. Here is a picture, I'm sure you'll agree she is a stunner! Been busy this week getting all her stuff ready. It was very hard to pick one from the litter!

David

She is beautiful!!! Large black and white litter lol so strange to see all on color :)

I got my first boy Keiko in 2010, he was 9 weeks old when I brought him home. He has always been well behaved, laid back and never bitten anything other than his toys, nor has he dug. In terms of leaving him when I was at work, my other half at the time worked the early shift and would 9 time out of 10 be home by 2pm, and with me going to work around 10am it wasn't a problem to leave him for a few hours. Plus i installed a webcam in my kitchen that i could log into from my phone and check on him (best idea i ever had to be honest!!) and luckily i worked 2 mins from home so if i needed to i could always pop back.

I then got my second boy Breeze in 2011. I had been thinking about getting some company for Keiko for some time, and when their breeder contacted me saying she'd just had a litter of pups was i interested etc I said yes please!!! Breeze has a little bit of an evil streak, and whilst he hasn't chewed anything other than his toys, he has always been the more boisterous of the two. I bought a playpen style cage for Breeze to be left in when i went to work and he never made any attempt to get out of it. Again the webcam came in handy and i could keep an eye on them from work, but they have honestly both been as good as gold.

Walk wise, they have had roughly an hour a day, every day since i got them. Lately they've been having 2 x half hour walks, and I've been jogging a bit with them. Seriously looking into getting a scooter soon too as there's a huge reservoir near me with a 7 mile concreted pathway around it that I'm dying to let them run round!