Apple's Iphone Vs Android In Europe

winterchillz

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Android is great and even better when you root the phone!

and our Australian members are :rofl:

Interesting!  I didn't realize that in the US we had double the iPhone percentage than the UK

There is a very good reason for this but I would prob get banned for calling Americans backwards so I won't and just say you seem to be a little slow in catching on in some cases    :rofl:  

There is a very good reason for this but I would prob get banned for calling Americans backwards so I won't and just say you seem to be a little slow in catching on in some cases :rofl:

LOL Dunc! :P

Before I got my iPhone 4S, I shopped around and tried other phones....and still ended up with the iPhone. Personal preference - I liked the interface and how it felt.

(Okay, Okay, I may be biased towards Apple. But hey - they make great products!)

LOL Dunc! :P

Before I got my iPhone 4S, I shopped around and tried other phones....and still ended up with the iPhone. Personal preference - I liked the interface and how it felt.

(Okay, Okay, I may be biased towards Apple. But hey - they make great products!)

I agree they do simple and easy just like the folk that buy um, in away they remind me of fisher price type toys  :P

LOL - ouch! :P

You're just jealous you can't afford any Apple products, huh? ;)

Well to give you a idea both my children have had iphones in fact one of them still has but he is a complete technophobe :o   

in our  house we had 2 iphones and 2 android phones the android users have switched to iphones.

my biggest niggle about android is there is no minimum hardware specification so you get some real slow phones.  

The reason android has such a big market is because you can buy android phones from £60. i am sure if apple did the same they would have a larger market share

For a realistic view they should show how many people have phones of a similar specification to iphones.

I am sure no one disputes that Apple products are good and there certainly are some not-so-state-of-the-art Android phones you can get for £60. But then not everyone can afford an iPhone. However, I have tried through work and personal use iPhones, Blackberry's and Android's and I have to say that my own personal phone is an Android. Why? I simply don't want to pay the price for an iPhone when its not substantially better than my droid (and I think my droid is faster). When doing a comparison the only advantage I could find was the screen was better (but then hey I wear glasses and I can't even see the phone without them!). On the other hand I paid nothing for my droid have a contract at £13pm compared to over £30 for the same iPhone. 

I also don't need a fashion accessory  :P

Remember that iPhones wouldn't have the same allure if everyone had one! Its just like having that Ferrari.....

Have worked both with an IOS and Android. We had an iPad here for a while (3G, paid by my dad's work... which I borrowed once in a while  :angel: ) Have to say the iPad has some great hardware, something Apple is really good at. But on the software side it's just a very dumbed down system. You can only do so much before you hit its limits. Besides that you need to pay for everything, depend on iTunes for everything, I expected much more of it. Ended up reading my mail and the forum on it, and that's about all I did with it. As a poweruser like me, the IOS is boring. My dad ended up returning the iPad back to his work because it was worthless for him as well.

And then came the Android and that's made me really excited about smartphones again. There's so much more potential to the Android and so much more possibilities and uses with Google's system. Android isn't just for smartphones, it's incredibly versatile. As a programmer I can ACTUALLY make programs for Android (IOS requires me to buy a Mac first and pay a stupid fee for example). I even have Android installed on my computer right now to play with. Google is making its system more accessible, which is what's going to win in the end imo. That's why there are MORE devices out there with Android on it. IOS only runs on Apple products. The only reason the iPhone is still popular in some areas is Apple's smart marketing (which incidentally is mostly focussed on the US).

Android is alot easier to customize, very easy to start development with where iOS is just a pain, as jos said you have to pay really stupid fees and the phone software is really really boring. You can't do much to it at all.

I'm a big fan of Android.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well, to each their own. :)

I guess I'm biased seeing as I have an iPod, and iPhone, and a Macbook computer.... :P

Though, you can do things to your iphone which 'jailbreaks' it (most of the limitations of the iOS aren't there anymore), but some of that is considered illegal so I won't talk about it anymore...

i like android as the the picture is better and a few other things but every one I had constantly crashed. My boyfriend just got the HTC one not too long ago and he's already had multiple issues with it. i'll stick to my boring, simple iphone because at least it doesn't make me so angry i want to hurl it across the room. ;)

i like android as the the picture is better and a few other things but every one I had constantly crashed. My boyfriend just got the HTC one not too long ago and he's already had multiple issues with it. i'll stick to my boring, simple iphone because at least it doesn't make me so angry i want to hurl it across the room. ;)

I've not had any issues with mine as of yet!

If everyone liked the same thing then we would not get any new inventions because we would be happy with our old devices.

so while i prefer my iPhone to an android device, that does not mean i do not see the potential of android.

i would be less happy with my iPhone if jailbreak was not possible on iPhone.

What kind of Android are we talking about here?  Aren't there a bunch of Android phones from different makers?  Surely not all of them compare favorably to the IPhone 5. How about you name one specific Android that you think that I should get?  My contract is up.