Rraaarrrgghhh Orange !!!

Andy

Ok my mobile service provider is Orange.

I have 2 monthly contract phones.   

One contract which had already run it's full term and the other has 18 months to go on it.

So I wanted to stop the one that had gone full term BUT I wanted to keep the number

and transfer it to my other phone (I've had this number for 8 years and it's my principle number.)

Contacted orange, yep no problem it will take about 24 hours.

2 days later my kids are asking if I've got a new phone.

No. . . Why ??

I check and my phone has a completely new random number.

So I ring Orange again, they'd completely cancelled the number I wanted to keep

and put a new number on the contract I wanted to cancel. . . HUH ?????

To get around this they had to send me a new PAYG Micro sim (to fit my HTC One X+) with my old number (the one I wanted to keep)

I had to use that for 3 months while they cancel and delete the original contract with the new random number.

Then they would transfer my old number onto my new contract.. . . YAY

So the new sim arrives and it's a full size sim (won't fit my HTC One X+)

So I phone Orange again.

Not a problem they don't need to use the PAYG sim they will simply transfer the old number to my contract.

Oh. . .OK Awesome :clap:

No !!!

Yes they transferred the number I wanted to jeep to my contract, but it's only working on my old phone the HTC Desire HD.

So I phone them again.

They now have to send me a new Micro sim on my pay monthly account with my old number to fit my new phone.

Sigh.

:cake: for those that made it to the end. 

I'm on Orange at the minute and they're crap. Saying that though, the only network I haven't used is 3, but I've had problems with them all! Vodafone are the worst IMO.

This EE crap is annoying the hell out of me, since they switched over I've had nothing but network connection issues -.-

- Caity

All I wanted to do was swap a number over and end one of the contracts that had come to an end.

It ain't rocket science. . . :(

Lol didn't you know people aren't capable of doing their jobs? Lmaoo. I once called my provider because I got a monthly card when I ran out and it said it was added to my 'reservoir' but wouldn't activate my minutes. I rang them up, and at first they tried to say I needed to call from the phone that was on their account. Can't do that.. there's no minutes. Why aren't there any minutes, you just bought a card? That's why I'm calling.. I need my minutes..

Their favorite line is 'let me transfer you'

Never been with 3 but wouldn't touch them with a bargepole after they called me up and asked for my credit card number so they could send me the contract phone I never applied for, 20 minutes of bullying later I hung up only to find the asshat had called me and wouldn't disconnect the call !#@!# !  

Anyway, have you tried o2 ?  Been with them for years and never had a problem,  me, the other half, the kids, my mum lol,  all on PAYG but for £12 ish a month all our calls and texts are free to each other, saves a fortune with the kids (and me yakking to my mum !)

Don't you just want to dope slap these clowns sometimes? While it's not rocket science, why do these companies keep hiring space cadets?

Don't you just want to dope slap these clowns sometimes? While it's not rocket science, why do these companies keep hiring space cadets?

and all their "space cadets" have foreign accents too.

sigh. . . you pay peanuts. . . :erm:

No that would have been. . . 

Rrrraaaggghhhhh, been crappy tango'd :)