Furkids Not Coping

valkyries

my poor babies are not coping in this heat bless em, they have their pool, wet blankets and ice lollies but they are sooooo not happy.

How do you who crate their dogs whilst at work go about giving them water in this heat ? how do you keep them cool whilst your away ?? 

for the next week i'm ok as Dave's on day's but i'm on nites so one's always here to cool them down 

Keyu's crated but she has no coat atm, the other 2 are loose in the front room. We have the window cracked (not wide open cus kiz will climb out) and tbh thats all we do really, they are only allowed outside for toilets because they are idiots and run around in the blazing sun and get too hot

as long as they're indoors they're ok, and it was 31 here today

Ouch - no AC? I guess you'll have to invest in some fans, or some room AC units. They attach to the window...bad thing is you can't open said window, but you get air conditioning for that room. Might be something to look into for any possible heatwaves that may hit...

How hot is it Linda? It hit 88F in eastern Iowa today. Humidity was about 80%. Girls go out to potty then they are ready to come back in. AC is running round the clock.

You don't have air conditioning over there?

LOL No need.

We only get maybe 8 weeks throughout the entire year where the temperature

is high enough to call Hot !!!

the rest of the time as Linda says, open the windows.

Darwin will still happily lie in the garden.

Daughtry stays indoors.

Echo will still run up and down the garden like a lunatic chasing balls, despite the heat

Paddling pool is full.

Water bowls are full indoors with ice cubes in.

I used to put water into their crates but they would nock it over so i use frozen kongs but luckily i have actualy been off work when its been this hot or rob has been here if i was and its cooled down a bit today :)

Ice cubes in water bowl and frozen treats. Stacey sells cooling collars over at whiteforest although i havent tried one. I know you weren't discussing heat but i must confess, We keep all the curtains and windows shut at the back of the house during the day to keep out the sunlight and heat. Then open them all up once the suns moved away in the early evening and I'm amazed at how big a difference that has made.

Ice cubes in water bowl and frozen treats. Stacey sells cooling collars over at whiteforest although i havent tried one. I know you weren't discussing heat but i must confess, We keep all the curtains and windows shut at the back of the house during the day to keep out the sunlight and heat. Then open them all up once the suns moved away in the early evening and I'm amazed at how big a difference that has made.

i have started doing this (well with sheets as i dont have any curtains or blinds in the kitchen which is where the dogs stay when im out) and it has made a massive difference!