A Great Walk This Evening

*jax*

Had a brilliant walk with Elka this evening. Has been hot here on the south coast so left going to the beach until 7pm. Was a lovely breeze and Elka paddled in the sea as we walked along the beach. The first dog we met was a seven month old Husky lab cross.  She looked like a fluffy black lab but was all Husky in personality and they played and played! We then walked back along the prom and met another Husky. Two year old Kiera who was very patient with my bouncy puppy. We then went in the field on out way back home and she ran and ran. 

My walks with Elka have been greatly improved since i invested in an anti-pull harness. Its the kind with the ring at the front. i use a collar and lead as well so have two leads. Elka hasn't pulled since i got it and has made taking her out so much more enjoyable. Could be a bit of a forced route march at times with just the collar and lead. I can attach my 30ft lead to the harness so it doesn't pull on her neck when she runs. 

:D  :kimba2:

Your right Southsea seafront is one of the best places to be on a hot summers evening.

I do kind of regret moving away as I know how much Skye loves the sea. However we still do visit frequently so we might bump into you one day soon. Good to hear the harness is working well. I use a walk your dog with love harness which is kind of the same principle and it made everything better.

Wow huskies everywhere.

Hope you're extolling the virtues of joining the forum and handing out HO bizzy cards :P

I should of to the lab/Husky owner. She seemed to be struggling a bit with the Husky behavior. Sounded like she has had a similar reception from other dog owners that don't understand Husky's just love to play. She was trying to curb her dogs natural behavior. Our dogs were playing really well together but she wanted her dog to keep stopping because other dog owners don't like it. I found it a sad tbh. I've learned you can't please everyone and just to let Elka play with dogs whose owners are tolerant of her enthusiasm.