New Pet

yamahar6wme

Hey guys sadly my daughters hamster has died over weekend she now wants a new pet I don't want to get her another hamster as she couldn't really handle her old one so it has to be small enough to stay in her room due to dogs and big enough and tame enough to handle I was thinking a degu any ideas guys please thanks

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Degus are great! You need to have at least a pair though, they do not do well on their own.

What about chinchillas? (Again you need a pair) they're easy to look after, and so cuddly! Although if they are to stay in her room I'm not sure as they need a very big cage and they can make a lot of noise.

Or rats, rats are just amazing :) easy to look after and so intelligent, they love being handled and challenged mentally (enrichement) so lots of fun for a child :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

If you are into exotics, you can get a skunk. They are friendly, laid back, and are omnivores so actually have the dietary needs to do well on cat kibble, with some bugs thrown in. Vets can remove the glands. Even wild skunks you can walk right up to. We just moved a momma and 6 kits out of our shed. Mom only gave a warning when we pulled the tarp out from under the trap, but calmed right down. They are really great pets.

Fish, no exercise, no mess

:ditto:

does it have to be fluffy and cuddly? Fishes are pretty and easy to care for :) you can get some neon fishes so that when the lights go out every night they'll glow lighting up your daughter's room :D 

Lol I went to pets at home in oldbury they have 2 male degus for adoption not tame but friendly enough to be stroked well neither of then bit me so me and my other half are going to build them a cage tomorrow and going to pick them up so excited pic attached post-2519-1373462590183_thumb.jpg