Sasha And Skye Escape

Keeonah

Managed to get finished early from work today and as I've just had problems with my classic car I thought that I would get the radiator refitted to it tonight. STOP. Reality check. My clumsy son had another puncture in his bike tyre so he had to get it fixed so that he could go to work tomorrow. Unfortunately while doing it he inadvertently left the front door open and Sasha and Skye made a bid for freedom. I shouted, Brett legged it and managed to get hold of Skye straight away. While he was grabbing Skye, Sasha legged it. I instigated the phone call method that we use and help started to flood in to help find her. 20 minutes later she was spotted heading towards home. We raced back to the house to find her with a neighbour but pouring with blood. One ear has gouge marks in it and the other has been punctured and the pads on both front paws are cut open. We don't know what happened to her but she is now very clingy with us and is quite content to lay in one of the crates, something she never normally does. We have tended her wounds and Lyn is going to sleep downstairs with her tonight to make sure she is okay. Needless to say the car didn't get done and one son is feeling very bad because it was his fault. One day when I tell him what huskies are like perhaps he'll listen without having to put it to the test.

Gary.

Edited by Keeonah

Thanks Nix, I think she'll be fine. We'll monitor her overnight and if she's not herself by the morning we'll get her down the vets and get her checked over, but she's starting to look her old self. I think her pride is hurt. The good thing is that she came back by herself. Never heard of before. Need to get her checked out just to make sure she's still a Husky. LOL. 

Gary.

Thanks guys. Sasha is still sulking but with the damage she has I think she probably has a right to. I don't know for sure but I suspect a Staff was involved. A guy was walking two and when I challenged him about a lost husky he got very defensive, for no reason, and headed away from me as quickly as possible. Just the attitude made me suspicious. At least he told me where to find her even though by this time she was already home. She is not eating properly yet but I suppose she needs some time. 

Gary.

Wow that must have been so scary! Glad she's home safe, and I hate to say it because I love staffs, but it sounds more than likely it was that guy's dog that did the damage. When brought up wrong they have an evil temper :/

- Caity

They see the opportunity to make a bid for freedom.

However the big wide world is a scary place full of bad things, just waiting to happen.

They never become "streetwise"

Hopefully she'll remember and be less inclined to leg it out the door when it's open.

They see the opportunity to make a bid for freedom.

However the big wide world is a scary place full of bad things, just waiting to happen.

They never become "streetwise"

Hopefully she'll remember and be less inclined to leg it out the door when it's open.

Unfortunately Andy, she doesn't seem to learn as she managed to get out again yesterday. This time Lyns fault. One second was all it took her. Gone for about 3/4 hour. We were all searching for her and she came back on her own again but she ran into Lyns arms as if the devil himself was chasing her. After checking her over thoroughly we found that she has damage to her front leg so we have monitored her during the course of today. This morning I foud out from an old chap that passes our house that she was kicked by someone. The nice old gentleman has told me that if he sees this guy again he will let me know. All I can say is god help him if I catch up with him. Sasha has been limping and very stiff today so if no better tomorrow she is off to the vets to get checked out. Another small fortune gone west and Lyn wonders why I have put my classic car up for sale. TFPO.

Gary

Oh, Gary, you're really being put through it with Sasha. Even after one bad experience, they still take any opportunity to break for the open road. Heaven help that bloke if you find out who it is that kicked her :angry: 

Hope she makes a full & speedy recovery - maybe pin a card to the back of the front door "Are the dogs secure?" just to jog the memory. I did this when my teenage lads had a habit of not pulling the front door shut properly so I stuck a reminder note right next to the door handle - it did work! :D

Thanks Val, I now have a note on the door. I can't believe she has been stupid enough to do it again. I'll revert back to my favourite statement, " For such an intelligent breed of dog they can be remarkably stupid at times". :rolleyes:

Gary