Why Did I Bother?

Went to slimming world last night for the first time.

Joined up.

To come home to have alex saying we are skint and cant afford for me to buy the food i need to eat!

So why not tell me before?

I knew money was tight but he said it was ok to go!

if i carry on the way im going ill be dead by my 50s! Either that or bedridden!

Im miserable, hate looking in the mirror. Hate that clothes are getting tight and i cant afford looser ones. Hate doing things in the bedroom coz of the way i look.

I just hate myself :( why cant he see that?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you eating in a typical week at the moment? Then we may be able to figure something out perhaps. I know you walk alot with the dogs but i believe your body gets used to that so you need something else which i know is hard for you with the dogs and the kids so something at home? Get on the wii dance more ;):)

Ive tried all that linda doesnt work

Tell you what lou, keep a food diary this week, of EVERYTHING including how much, and I mean everything, including what you drink too, then we can go through it and maybe someone could point out some changes? 

have you heard of the dukan diet? everyone I know who has tried this diet have lost what they have wanted, and if you buy lots of protein products anyway then there won't be a big change to your shopping, maybe you could try that one out and see how it goes? have a look on this website, it has information on what you do, hope this helps :)

http://mydukandiet.com/dieting/attack-phase.html 

Don't listen to their crap... if you want chips you can still have them.... just have oven chips.

The most important thing to do is have 5 meals a day, but have small portions....

I'm doing the insanity workout, costs me nothing to do it, it's a DVD that you do for 1 hour 6 times a week.....

Trust me it works! Lost 2 inches around my stomach in a week and half. Also builds muscle and increases stamina, always good to have stamina ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Don't listen to their crap... if you want chips you can still have them.... just have oven chips.

The most important thing to do is have 5 meals a day, but have small portions....

I'm doing the insanity workout, costs me nothing to do it, it's a DVD that you do for 1 hour 6 times a week.....

Trust me it works! Lost 2 inches around my stomach in a week and half. Also builds muscle and increases stamina, always good to have stamina ;)

I'm always tempted to order whenever I see the info-mercial and it obviously does what it says on the tin! Now if I could just get monster to stop biting my feet when I run or jump :D

i need the mental support.

Thats why im going.

My mum did the P90X, and she looks amazing, the only problem with these DVDs is you're working on them at home alone, for some people it ends up being a purchase that gathers dust lol

the great thing about these types of dvds, is how quickly you notice the difference, they are hard work, but mum always said after a session she felt like she was buzzing.

I eat clean and lean (google it) best thing I ever did. Nothing processed, nocaffeine (except green tea), no refined sugars and no alcohol (most ppl stick to gin n vodka if they do drink.

I have chronic fatigue and it's the perfect lifestyle for anyone with health problems ans the best part is its not a diet it's a lifestyle. My weekly foodbill is about £20, my boyfriend who buys rubbish spends double that. And I make meals for my freezer when I have spare time, for those nights when I can't be bothered. You're encouraged to have a cheat meal once a week as this kick starts the metabolism and also stops you falling off the wagon.

I lost 2 stone and have kept it off for about 3 years, my mum lost 3.5 stone.

Good luck with it all xx

I lost two stone with slimming world and found i wasn't hungry with it. I am vegetarian and just followed the green diet. It wasn't expensive to just do that one but i can imagine it could get pricey if you had to switch between all the diets. Could try just the green diet? 

I lost two stone with slimming world and found i wasn't hungry with it. I am vegetarian and just followed the green diet. It wasn't expensive to just do that one but i can imagine it could get pricey if you had to switch between all the diets. Could try just the green diet?

i have beentold to do easy

It sounds like there's loads of support on here for you, I'm not trying to be personal but how big are you ?  Not how big do you think you are, or how big do you feel, but how tall are you, stones and pounds, and dress size. 

It's hard when your unhappy about the way you look, (been there done that !)  And you sound a bit, dare I say depressed, have you been to the Des ? They might be able to help.  

Some on here have offered to go through your diet with you, what about making it a regular thing ?  Do you have Skype ?  Face to face is sometimes easier,  what about starting a diet club on the forum ?  I'd sign up for that !  

I will say it load (but not proud lol)  I'm 5ft2,  13st 11,  my new jeans are a size 20, and since getting bear I've lost nearly 2 stone, so I was really pushing the boat,  (my personal downfall is coke !)  I am possibly the laziest person on the planet,  so if you want an ear to moan in, mines usually free.

Its so expensive to diet.You would think it would be cheaper buying less food. But when you have a family you end up having to buy for them and yourself. Could your family maybe try some of the stuff you will be eating?

I did slimming world and you don't really need to buy anything different to what you normally do. Bacon is free if the rind is cut off. lean meat does cost a little more but the whole family will benefit from it.  I have a few recipes I can send you. If I can find them... one is for sweet and sour pork the other for chicken chow mein. They don't require huge amounts of costly food. It's mainly vegetables which you can buy frozen and make one than one meal from them.

It sounds like there's loads of support on here for you, I'm not trying to be personal but how big are you ?  Not how big do you think you are, or how big do you feel, but how tall are you, stones and pounds, and dress size. 

It's hard when your unhappy about the way you look, (been there done that !)  And you sound a bit, dare I say depressed, have you been to the Des ? They might be able to help.  

Some on here have offered to go through your diet with you, what about making it a regular thing ?  Do you have Skype ?  Face to face is sometimes easier,  what about starting a diet club on the forum ?  I'd sign up for that !  

I will say it load (but not proud lol)  I'm 5ft2,  13st 11,  my new jeans are a size 20, and since getting bear I've lost nearly 2 stone, so I was really pushing the boat,  (my personal downfall is coke !)  I am possibly the laziest person on the planet,  so if you want an ear to moan in, mines usually free.

thanks

im 5ft 4 11st 6 1/2 lbs and size 14 but theyre tight

im too big for my build and im not happy how i am

I did slimming world and you don't really need to buy anything different to what you normally do. Bacon is free if the rind is cut off. lean meat does cost a little more but the whole family will benefit from it.  I have a few recipes I can send you. If I can find them... one is for sweet and sour pork the other for chicken chow mein. They don't require huge amounts of costly food. It's mainly vegetables which you can buy frozen and make one than one meal from them.

ooh yes please i love chow mein!

thanks

im 5ft 4 11st 6 1/2 lbs and size 14 but theyre tight

im too big for my build and im not happy how i am

First of all, I'm very jealous I wish I was another 2 inches, (or 4, or 6, anything would help lol)  I won't start moaning your only a size 14,  because what I think doesn't matter a damm, what you think matters, and your not happy ! 

Like you I have tried the DVD route and when there's no one there to encourage you and no one to report back to its really easy (at least for me) to loose your motivation.  So what about doing something together ?  We could each exercise and report/moan/commiserate to each other.  Work out some healthy meals and snacks that won't cost a bomb, and be honest if we cheat even a little (I will cheat lol)  I'm willing if you are

my fitness pal App for your phone is quite good. I used it last year and lost quite a bit - you record all your food and how much exercise and there is loads of online support which you can use too. I need to get started again but have a bit too much going on with other stuff at the moment but I will use it again when I round to it.

Let me first say that I am sure that there are lots of people on the forum who can help. I have lost a couple of stone (28lbs) in the last 3 years and at 53 I am now much much healthier and fitter than I was at 33. A couple of things I have found:

1. Do it slowly - crash diets and fads don't work in the long run (why are there so many books, DVDs..etc if any of them worked in the long run they wouldn't need any more  :D )

2. Keep a food diary - as an earlier person said. Its not only calories you need to keep track of but carbs, protein and fats (I also suggest salt as well). You need to cut fat and carbs....

3. Make small changes first - get rid of the useless foods first (sugary drinks etc.), eat little and often, eat slowly and wait 20 minutes after eating anything before you start on desert, drink lots of water....

4. Exercise - this is as important as what you eat. Walk everywhere (I spent ages just walking places..slowly at first then faster and longer as I felt better)....then I started to run (1 minute at a time - now I can easily run for over an hour doing 7 minute miles)...cycle...etc. This will make you healthier as well!

5. Get a health check at the doctors before doing anything drastic!

Finally - this only works if you are mentally up for it. Have an obtainable goal...get a friend to do it with you...tell your friends..tell the forum... get help..I did and the motivation of a goal did it for me.

You can do it! It really is worth it.