Why Did I Bother?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why u guys  ,do not start a dairy here ... and change recepits and have a tracker  .... and don`t get me wrong Louise  to lose weight is about change the way  u  eat   and  to be strong ..  and learn to love yourself a bit more ...

You are about the same as me. I'm not very happy with my weight or how I look right now. I'm 5'2" and 165-170ish, size 14. What makes me angry, I was at my goal weight and size just over 1-2 years ago. 125lbs and in a size 6-8 depending on brand (even some 4s). I was in a horrible car accident by some idiot high on something and he messed me and my husband up bad. I'm still recovering from it. I've gained everything back that I tried so hard to lose.

Once I am better, I am going to hit it hard to lose this again. Dieting and such didn't work, its about change of lifestyle.

I had downloaded an app for my phone that helped me so much. You put in your height, weight, male or female, activity level, etc and it tells you how many calories you need a day to maintain your weight. You can choose the weight loss option, and it tells you how many calories you need to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Its also a diary. You log EVERYTHING you eat to keep track and it calculates it for you. Also does your activity log. What exercises and for how long. (I had the apps Tap n Track, and My Fitness Pal)

I lost 70 lbs in under a year.

Louise, you have never struck me as being a quiter so I am sure that you will keep trying. I don't have to much of a problem in this region, I'm one of the lucky ones, I can pretty much eat whatever but Lyn has. She is 5' 7'' and weighed 20stone at one point. She was given steroids for a medical condition and just piled the weight on. She, like you was very unhappy with it all. She has tried everything to lose weight but with no effect. We told her to persevere and in time something would come along that agreed with her and she would lose weight. It has taken her years but she has finally found something that works and is now down to 13st 12lbs. If she gets herself down to 11.5 st she can have a tuck done on the NHS. not far off now, so it can be done. Chin up, don't let it get to you and just keep trying different things. Something will work for you. Good luck.

Gary.

Louise, you have never struck me as being a quiter so I am sure that you will keep trying. I don't have to much of a problem in this region, I'm one of the lucky ones, I can pretty much eat whatever but Lyn has. She is 5' 7'' and weighed 20stone at one point. She was given steroids for a medical condition and just piled the weight on. She, like you was very unhappy with it all. She has tried everything to lose weight but with no effect. We told her to persevere and in time something would come along that agreed with her and she would lose weight. It has taken her years but she has finally found something that works and is now down to 13st 12lbs. If she gets herself down to 11.5 st she can have a tuck done on the NHS. not far off now, so it can be done. Chin up, don't let it get to you and just keep trying different things. Something will work for you. Good luck.

Gary.

thankyou gary

i have bad willpower lol.

today was a bad day.

i had alcohol and an ice cream :(

back on the wagon tomorrow

Lyn does that as well. Don't see it as a sign of weakness. Every now and then you need to treat yourself otherwise you'll just get more depressed. Just carry on tomorrow and all will be well. Trust me when I say that if Lyn can do it anyone can. Think positive and you'll be positive.

Gary.