How Long Does The Coat Blow Last?

Jay

Kodiak started first, then Yukon and Nikko. It's been about a month since Kodiak started. Now, how long does it last for? I'm still pulling tufts o fur out! I thought it would be a couple weeks! My Dyson is getting a workout for sure!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ugh! I'm waiting for winter then lol. Last year was easy because Nikko was still a pup and didn't blow his coat and I didn't get Yukon until August. This is my first coat blow season !!

All week it's been between 80F and 90F (27C an 32C ).

Aha!! LOL they'll continue blowing until it gets colder ;) but hey, look at the bright side! Now you have enough fur to make a pillow filling. In fact, you have enough to start a business  :P

Darwins been blowing for 3 weeks, still tufty, still have chase him all over the garden before I can brush him :P

Frankie has finally stopped now! Think it took around 2 months in total. He looks really scrawny now and all his lovely neck fur has gone :( but its nice to not have massive clumps of fur where ever he sits and the garden doesn't look like we've had snow ever time I brush him!

darwin and daughtry blow for about 6/10 weeks...

the joys of being a husky owner......

just pin em down get a good mikki undercoat rake and have at them for 10 mins a day.... birds love the fur and the dogs are better without it

im not a fan of the furminator myself and ive found that an undercoat rake gets more fur out without cutting the guard hairs

Shadow is blowing again now but its been quite constant for a good few months but because the weather has been really up and down here its been different amounts its now coming out in massive amounts due to it being really hot.

Like Kells i get a mikki undercoat rake on him for as long as he will put up with every day i get loads out :) and just remember that way the air can flow through their fur :)