Pets At Home

Stormy

I was really dissapointed with pets at home today i popped in to get a DAP diffuser... and thought while im here ill look for some cooling stuff for the dogs... nothing??? nothing atall :S it really surprised me!

probably because we've never had weather warm enough to need to keep stocks.

Did you look in the novelty items. ???

:rofl: You only have to show mine the hose pipe and they run and hide, Don't even have to turn it on. :rofl:

Gary.

Ours are the same! :rofl:  and the paddling pool is just a huge drinking bowl :rolleyes:

Can't believe they don't stock cooling items though, you'd think they'd be flying off the shelves

Angela, can they not order you a bowl in by store transfer?

I tried last week to buy Tanna a bowl to slow down her eating, as she eats so fast she nearly chokes herself. They have it listed online as available in store but ours didn't have them and the nearest store is a 44 mile round trip

How do these bowls work then ????  I could do with one for Skye as, because of what happened to her as a pup she is never sure if her dinner is going to be there the next day or whether it'll be taken away from her so she gulps it down so that she knows she 's had it. It would be nice to see her eat a meal at the same pace as the others. The pups even share their food between each other.

Gary.

We have one that we got for Kaviq when he first came to us - he inhaled his food! He would poop out whole bones as he didn't chew anything so we got a metal bowl that looks like a dome in the middle with a moat around it (for want of a better description!). He had to eat his way around the mound & in time he slowed right down so now he actually tastes his food.

Logan now is the hoover of food so I have changed the bowl for his meals. He still "wolfs" it down after 4 months with us, but he did have 3 yrs of "fighting" for his food, so he's not going to change overnight. We are hopeful though that he will learn before he goes to his forever home

Just abck from our holiday to Arran with the dogs, and catching up. I hadn't thought of asking them to send it to Ayr store and they certainly didn't offer. I have found that either scattering it around or adding some water to the kibble seems to help.