Ugh

DuramaxDiesel

So the last few weeks I haven't been feeling quite well. Lots of stomach cramping and some back pain. I chalked it up to being from acidic foods, since that's when it bothered me most.

Nope. I *most likely* have to have my Gallbladder removed.

The cause:  Losing so much weight!

GAH. One would think that after losing 25% of their body weight, you'd feel better. Nope! Not the case with me!!! I guess this should have been posted in the Steam Room, but then again it should have been posted in the Lollipops room, because it is both positive and negative... so I'll post it in neutral grounds! LOL.

I go in for an ultrasound of my abdomen early next week (still waiting on that phone call) and then if my Gallbladder is the culprit, I'll be in surgery soon after. I've never had to have surgery before, or any other kind of procedure, so I am a bit nervous. I hate people fussing about me, or helping me with things, or changing their days around for me... I know it's a simple procedure, and I will be home the same day... but I have never been put under before... I need to teach Diesel how to get me things though, and how to help me off the couch, post surgery, so my hubs doesn't have to take time off work (he has plenty of vacation time left though).

Well done on losing all the weight! Even though its come at a bit of a price now I'm sure they'll have you sorted out in no time and you'll be able to enjoy this new body of yours like you should be! :D

Wishing you a speedy recovery x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I feel you there!!! I had terrible pain for a year and they just did an ultrasound but never found anything finally I got so sick that a doctor did a nuclear medicine test and by then my gallbladder was only functioning at 3%!!! I had it removed the next day and the doctor who did it said if they waited another day it would have exploded. Glad they are catching it soon, and I loved that I lost so much weight but I felt icky so it wasn't that worth it :( Hopefully when you get it taken out you will be up and on your feet in no time (also don't worry about changing your diet completely my whole family has had gallbladders removed and only had to change it for the first month or two or else it would give them terrible diarrhea and it would hurt but now we eat like before). Good luck

Sounds like what was going on with me last year. I ended up having gall stones and needed my gallbladder removed. I was terrified lol, it was the first time i was ever admitting into the hospital and since I was afraid of going, I had let mine get so bad that I was in there for 4 days before surgery because i was serverly dehyrdated and they were afraid the stones might have went to my kidneys and stuff. But after the surgery I felt so much better :)

Good luck with the op. The medicine feels like a cool trickle going down your arm and within a few seconds you feel comfortably sleepy and just drift off. The worst bit is when you wake up and think you're fine and can get up. DON'T! You'll end up on the floor in a heap, just trust me on this! Lol.

Thank you everyone! I would have replied sooner, but I was laid up on the sofa all weekend. Went to a family cook-out and ate some things I should have avoided!

I go in Thursday for an ultrasound to confirm that it is my gall-bladder. I'm 100% sure because after I eat fatty foods (I had some grilled fish) I get horrible pains. If I just eat cereal with goats milk (Dairy milk and I don't get along) I am 100% fine all day! Boring diet!

I wish they could get me in sooner for the ultrasound... but I am just glad they could get me in! Hopefully surgery is not during our County fair! It's family tradition to go!

Diesel is taking care of me, he comes and rests his head on my belly...and he talks to me. I think it is to make sure that I am alright!

Good luck with the tests.

There are millions of recipes out there.

I'm sure you can find some way to "Liven" up the boring nature of

the foods you can eat. :up:

Good luck with the tests.

There are millions of recipes out there.

I'm sure you can find some way to "Liven" up the boring nature of

the foods you can eat. :up:

It seems as if everything is on the no-no list!!! I ate a bunch of baked tortilla chips, and chicken noodle soup! haha.

• 1 month later...

I had my surgery on July 29th...I wasn't nervous or anything

However, I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia, and was sick :( My blood pressure dropped, I was pale, my lips were bluish, and I was feeling dizzy and nauseous. They gave me a bunch of stuff, and then I felt better. I was inches from being admitted over night. I kind of wished they would have. But I got home and slept. And slept. And slept some more.

It took me about 2 weeks to feel myself. My husband dragged me to our County Fair though! I got to take the Courtesy Cart around, so no walking. My stomach muscles hurt the most, I think.

Although, this week, I woke up with guns blazing and have been going strong all week! Might try some jogging this coming Monday!

I'm sorry I haven't been around! I slept the first week after surgery, and then was glued to the couch the 2nd week pretty much. I only had my phone for ties to the outside world...and no forum app on it!