How??

Marc

How do you people cope with your gardens? Whats your routine at this time of year with them?

I ask as I know Dad has a great garden which is always perfect and Im trying to get my own into the same shape. But at this time of year I seem to spend more time just cutting the grass than I do anything else. Dont think you realise how fast it grows till you start trying to keep it low permanently.

Hadn't looked at mine in over 3 years until I decided I wanted a puppy.

Went from this:

post-10570-13737354259275_thumb.jpg

To this in just over a week:

post-10570-13737354735895_thumb.jpg

post-10570-13737354953129_thumb.jpg

post-10570-13737355120329_thumb.jpg

Still not great but safe enough I can leave her go out back unsupervised. Would live to do more but time, money and determination are lacking ha

LOL I spent £3000 getting mine securely fenced then the dogs churned it up.

Dug it up and generally wrecked it.

So how do I deal with this. . . 

I look at it . . . sigh heavily and think

"I'll start on that NEXT week !!!"

Ours is ok at the moment, dad mows the grass and i water the plants er i say plants but its more like squashed plants as Kai has trampled on most of them. Thats why mum says we have to fence half of the garden off now so the end half can be Kai and the first half can have all of her plants and stuff in it. Still havent got round to doing that yet, :P

my dad hired a landscaper to arrange the plants and make it look all nice and neat... He doesn't do much besides that. Other than because my family is lazy (  :lol: ), my garden really is low-maintenance. It has a different kind of grass. This one doesn't grow taller. Oh and to make my garden "husky friendly", I have a digging space for Lil' Dime right behind my frangipani tree. Anyways, this is the kind of grass in my garden:

post-2850-0-85444500-1373885599.jpg

there's another variant... but it doesn't look as nice

post-2850-0-00320700-1373885602.jpg

google translate says, this kind of grass is called "bulrush" in English. Not sure though. As you can see the images are stolen from Google. It's night-time here so can't take a pic of my garden but I can snap one tomorrow morning if you want. My garden is quite small. Very small actually and honestly that's the best gardening secret I know. You want your garden to remain pretty? Keep. It. Small.  ;)  :P