Handsome Dexter

Christine0925

Well, its official. Dexter will be 1 in about 2 weeks and he officially terrifies people. He has got to be one of the sweetest boys ever. He just wants to please us, and is always willing to jump on your lap and bury his head in your neck for snuggles. And if you let him he will lick you forever <3.

However, out in public he doesn't understand why people won't pet him, they usually get big eyes and walk the other way and literally say "are you sure he's friendly?" "Is he part wolf" " Has he bitten anyone before?

I wouldnt change him for the world, but I do wish i could change peoples perception of him.

post-7252-0-52292700-1373723928_thumb.jp

post-7252-0-61103500-1373723951_thumb.jp

post-7252-0-21376900-1373723995_thumb.jp

post-7252-0-90655600-1373724220_thumb.jp

post-7252-0-86796000-1373724205_thumb.jp

post-7252-0-74840900-1373724271_thumb.jp

post-7252-0-30780000-1373724347_thumb.jp

post-7252-0-95072200-1373724391_thumb.jp

post-7252-0-75596700-1373724417_thumb.jp

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's handsome! I get that sometimes too with Nikko but honestly it doesn't bother me lol. People just don't understand the breed.

Thanks I get that all the time it just upsets me that people worry little kids about my dogs when my dogs adore children. We need more husky lovers where I live- nobody understands them

Christine, all of us on here would go straight over & pet him as we understand the breed & I personally think his looks are stunning, those eyes just draw you in, but I have had 7 years of funny looks & people crossing over / walking the other way because I am walking a "wolf"! You can only continuously educate people & invite them to come say hello, that's what we do  :D  If someone looks at any of ours & looks worried, we shout over "Would you like to come say hello to them?". They usually back down & come over - then make a beeline for Diesel who strangely is the biggest of the pack (but the calmest to be introduced to). The worst that can happen is they say "No thanks" and run off :rofl:

Hey you're only one state to the right of me. Abby and I are gonna have to go on a road trip and come give Dexter lots of hugs :) and Meeka too if shes willing. Curious, what day is his birthday? Yuki girl turns a year old on the 23rd of this month as well :) I think by the pitapata calculator his birthday should be July 24th? So they're really close!

Aww, he's such a stunner! I'd kidnap him and make him cuddle with me all day long :wub: :wub:

Don't feel offended by such people, my Ares is still 6 months old and people are trying to avoid him as much as possible when we're outside. I even had a few people shouting "Pitbull!" when they didn't notice us at first but then passed by really close :lol:

And hey, Meeka is so gorgeous too! :wub::grouphug:

Thanks I get that all the time it just upsets me that people worry little kids about my dogs when my dogs adore children. We need more husky lovers where I live- nobody understands them

same problem here :( my friends and i joke about my wolf lol

Dexter is beautiful! and so is Meeka :)

Hey you're only one state to the right of me. Abby and I are gonna have to go on a road trip and come give Dexter lots of hugs :) and Meeka too if shes willing. Curious, what day is his birthday? Yuki girl turns a year old on the 23rd of this month as well :) I think by the pitapata calculator his birthday should be July 24th? So they're really close!

Yeah hes July 24th! Come on over we have an acre fenced in and they both loooove other dogs and people :)

Aww, he's such a stunner! I'd kidnap him and make him cuddle with me all day long :wub: :wub:

Don't feel offended by such people, my Ares is still 6 months old and people are trying to avoid him as much as possible when we're outside. I even had a few people shouting "Pitbull!" when they didn't notice us at first but then passed by really close :lol:

And hey, Meeka is so gorgeous too! :wub::grouphug:

Thank you! Meeka KNOWS shes a pretty girl and people aren't scared of her at all- they will ignore Dexter and ONLY pet Meeka ( trust me she doesn't complain) and when Dexter goes to sniff to say hello as well they back up and go NO NOT HIM. my poor boy!

same problem here :( my friends and i joke about my wolf lol

Dexter is beautiful! and so is Meeka :)

Thank You! Meeka enjoys all the compliments from people- for some reason they arent scared of her at all they shower her with love- Dexter gets NO attention and hes the biggest snugglebug

Yeah hes July 24th! Come on over we have an acre fenced in and they both loooove other dogs and people :)

Where abouts in PA are you in? We've driven 4 hours to Michigan before so a road trip for next year isn't out of the question. ;)