How Does Your Dog Cope With The Heat?

Steve

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two had a walk about 7am, and will get an evening one around 10pm, far later than their usual walk at 7pm, but you can see they're not interested in walking at the moment in the heat. We have a tiled floor in our garden room and both are flaked out on this as it's nice'n'cool!

Today was hot! Almost 90F and next week near 100f!! I went on a walk around 3pm and I think this week I'm going to have to walk after 9pm because poor Nikko threw up after his walk :(. He seemed fine during but it was probably too hot for him. I can't seem to tolerate the extreme heat either so I wish it was cooler out for me and the pups!!

Today was hot! Almost 90F and next week near 100f!! I went on a walk around 3pm and I think this week I'm going to have to walk after 9pm because poor Nikko threw up after his walk :(. He seemed fine during but it was probably too hot for him. I can't seem to tolerate the extreme heat either so I wish it was cooler out for me and the pups!!

Aww, poor boy, give him a hug for me :( I usually walk Ares after 8 pm as temperatures here get up and over 30 degrees Celsius now.

I did!  He's fine now, this weeks's going to have heat indexes 38-43 degrees Celsius for 3-4 days :o

I like summertime, but that is way to hot for me!  I prefer it around 20-25C (70-80)

Aww, poor boy, give him a hug for me :( I usually walk Ares after 8 pm as temperatures here get up and over 30 degrees Celsius now.

we are lucky in that we can drive 5 mins down to the bottom of the village, park up & walk around the dam which is sheltered by trees from direct sun for 80% of it and there are a few dipping places for the dogs to have a swim away from the fishermen so no exertion in the heat should we go out in daytime hours. Otherwise we walk the fields later on when it is cooler

My problem during the week is that I get home from work around 4:10, and they will eat, relax and then we would go for our walk, then I come home and make dinner, eat, clean up and watch some TV or whatever until their next walks around 9-9:30 when roomie walks them, then off to bed around 10pm.  So now, I will have to wait until around 9 and they will get all 1 hour of walks right before bed...they are going to be going nutso in the house from 4 until 9!!

I

Darwin will quite happily sunbathe. :eek:

Daughtry tends to stay indoors.

Echo will bug me to go outdoors to get a ball throw (very quick)

but most of the time they lie on the cool hallway tiles and sleep.

Ours tend to sleep all day - usually in the most inconvenient places - then once it cools down a bit in the evening, they have a mad hour or so chasing each other round the garden in and out of the paddling pool.

Ours tend to sleep all day - usually in the most inconvenient places - then once it cools down a bit in the evening, they have a mad hour or so chasing each other round the garden in and out of the paddling pool.

Both of ours like water, so we bought a paddling pool for them to run through. Well, so far, all they have done is drank from it. It cannot believe it!!!