Affordable Vacuum?

love4Luna

Well, the fur kids did it! RIP dear vacuum, only lasted about 6-8 months. I guess it couldn't handle all of the hair, lol.

So, whats a decent, RELIABLE vacuum that can handle all of this hair? I don't have tons of money to spend on one, especially right now. I have a vehicle sticker due this month, my daughter's birthday is on the 2nd, along with school registration for both kids, school supplies, school clothes, etc.

It couldn't have happened at a worse time, currently dealing with coat blowing and I'm up to my ears in hair! Right now, I'm thinking of covering myself in double sided tape and rolling around the house... :rofl:

I have a Henry

The head is not the best for getting up hair, however

They are designed for industrial use, rugged and long lasting.

post-1354-0-92150000-1373823888_thumb.jp

We took up our carpets when we'd had Myshka about a year (2 coat blows) and had trouble getting the fur out to my liking :P  so we ripped up the carpet & put wooden flooring down downstairs which is currently being brushed half a dozen times a day or more with 4 all blowing together :o The dogs rarely go upstairs so limited fur on the stairs etc so any vacuum can deal with that.

I'm sure you'll get a few ideas from members with vacuums and how effective they are

We took up our carpets when we'd had Myshka about a year (2 coat blows) and had trouble getting the fur out to my liking :P  so we ripped up the carpet & put wooden flooring down downstairs which is currently being brushed half a dozen times a day or more with 4 all blowing together :o The dogs rarely go upstairs so limited fur on the stairs etc so any vacuum can deal with that.

I'm sure you'll get a few ideas from members with vacuums and how effective they are

we are planning on ripping up all the carpet. but for now the only place that has hardwood is the kitchen.

My husband REFUSES to buy a Dyson. He has them at work, and he says they break down constantly and not built well. I asked him about getting one of the pet ones a few months back and he flat out said no way. Plus, he says he will never spend $400-600 on a stupid vacuum. :(

My husband REFUSES to buy a Dyson. He has them at work, and he says they break down constantly and not built well. I asked him about getting one of the pet ones a few months back and he flat out said no way. Plus, he says he will never spend $400-600 on a stupid vacuum. :(

Wow! I have 2 of them. The first one was the regular yellow one and I've had it for 6 years and its still going strong. The other one is the animal one and I've had it since I got Nikko about a year and a half ago and I love it! I got it 30%off tho

Wow! I have 2 of them. The first one was the regular yellow one and I've had it for 6 years and its still going strong. The other one is the animal one and I've had it since I got Nikko about a year and a half ago and I love it! I got it 30%off tho

Well, I'm jealous. Lol

I just showed him them again... Still nope.

We've had Dysons in various incarnations for years now and never had 1 break down. We currently have the Animal Ball one and its great :)

Just spent £175 on laminate flooring for the front room and hallway.

half as cheap as the Dyson with nontangle head I was considering getting.

Now my bog standard Henry will be able to cope with the hair and it will only take 10 mins to hoover and not 2 hours on hands and knees. :yahoo:

Just because he says no nothing stopping you getting one :P

Lol, well... The fact that I stay at home with the kids and he works kinda makes it where he can veto my vote. I guess I just need to bear through it until we can put wood floors down in the next few months... (Although we were supposed to have had them done by now. Like in June, but that got put off due to time restraints)

I'm using a shark atm. But kauro is only 6months so hopefully it keeps doing a great job... I always wonder about the vacuums made just for pet hair are those any good? Also I remember one vacuum you could use on your dog... Does any of those really work??

I'm using a shark atm. But kauro is only 6months so hopefully it keeps doing a great job... I always wonder about the vacuums made just for pet hair are those any good? Also I remember one vacuum you could use on your dog... Does any of those really work??

Those are variations in the Dyson family of Vacuums.

Very expensive around $400+

Which is why I'm converting to a wooden laminate floor, half as cheap as the Dyson vacuums.

We have 2 Dysons one for here the other for the caravan which we bought 2nd hand from a boot sale for £30 I replaced the brush / hose and filters for £50 not original but 2 years later its going strong :) best vacs on the market IMO :) 

Seems like I'm the only one on a Karcher... Initially bought for regular home cleaning use, it's still going strong after being switched to husky fur cleaning use 4 YEARS ago :D the only down side is... somehow... after being used for cleaning Diamond's fur for about 3 months, it started to smell funny  :huh: it's a smokey sorta smell but I can assure you there's nothing burning. It's weird, but since it's nothing but smell we all put up with it and kept our loyal Karcher  :D and I can see here in their official website that these vacuums are cheaper than a Dyson..