Scratching Badly :(

Bambi92

Poor Sasha is scratching her snout really badly again. And she's biting her back leg and tail which she doesn't usually do she doesn't have fleas and I can't see anything there.

She has what looks like a roundish little lump of skin that had two black dots on top of it I thought it was a bit of dirt but it wasn't and it started to bleed a bit. I tried to take a photo of it but it wouldn't work.

As far as I can work out it was the plant that was in a pot at our back fence that was irritating her we removed most of it some of it is still there ill have to dig it all up when it stops raining I'm talking her to the vet again to have her needle but it can't be good for her to have it every month can it?

Is there anything other then removing all of the plant that I can do?

I hate seeing her like this :( she didnt eat her dinner last night and has only had a little bit of kibble today not sure if its related or she's just being fussy again though.

Stress can also cause them to bite tails, and strip fur off.

She might have some pain in the leg (caused by something inside, no obvious injury)

and by biting the leg she is trying to aleviate the pain.

I would take her to the vet to see what they think. My first thought were ticks (blackish lumps) - did you try to take them off?

Yep it's not a tick.

Are you 100% sure it is the plant causing this? If it is, I'd say you have maybe 2 options: 1 get rid of the plant for Sasha's sake or 2 restrict access to it by putting a fence or something around it so you can still enjoy it but Sasha cannot reach it.

I'm fairly sure it is I thought it was the tree that's on the other side of our yard but we blocked that off and she still gets itchy. Every time she goes to it and sticks her nose in it she sneezes and then is itchy for ages I'm not bothered by the plant it was here when we moved in lol it doesn't flower or anything so I have no idea what it is.

She has been getting itchy like this for a few months now the vet said try to find what it is that's causing it and remove it as having the injection combined with her epilepsy meds is making her put on weight (she was 20kgs she's now 26.6kgs).