Pools

HuskyGuerl

So my question is what kind of pool do you use for your dogs and which you think is best? (Pictures please!) I want to get the dogs a pool (also for me and my bf :)) I had plastic ones when they were pups but it was deep enough for our ankles we couldn't even sit in it then the dogs broke both..so I want a bigger one but the only ones that are bigger are ones with blow up rings around the top and I'm just concerned their nails may rip it then its just a waste..so how so you prevent this? Thanks!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted Image

Mishka likes the more natural option, the fish pond ;) lol

I would of thought those sea shells plastic pools to be pretty strong? Or maybe this type:

Posted Image

(Not filled up to the top though, just to the top of their legs I'd say)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

we got out inflatable one out yesterday  n they got it right away , suprised they didnt pop it tbh but their claws are pretty blunt from street walking (and i clip them down too) but we usually use a plastic side one , or a sand pit one for them 

this is their first pool they had (for them and for us)

251471_10150213994786681_4297110_n.jpg

this is their current pool - just for them 

970944_10151483168411681_417040215_n.jpg

this is the pool we got out yesterday , supposed to be for us but they jumped in 

1017392_10151495060086681_591503967_n.jp

Diamond isn't wildly keen on water, but I'd say the safest is a baby's plastic tub like that apple-shaped one in Nix's second picture. They might knock it over, but surely they won't drown or rip it apart...

its actually not that easy to move once filled with water :) it has been chewed on a little bit tho lol

its actually not that easy to move once filled with water :) it has been chewed on a little bit tho lol

Oh! 

... Okay, now I want to get one for Dime  :P Diamond doesn't swim, but he is willing to try new things. Plus those tubs are so cheap over here it's tempting! 

Oh! 

... Okay, now I want to get one for Dime  :P Diamond doesn't swim, but he is willing to try new things. Plus those tubs are so cheap over here it's tempting! 

go for it , even if he just paddles in it or uses it as a giant water bowl it will still help keep him cool , Skyla loves to splash around in it but all Blaze will do is stand it then get back out again so hes cooled his paws off

I have the seashell ones.

filled up. . . 

They just use it as a large drinking bowl.

Non of them go in :(

I used the plastic kiddie pool for going out to my friends house, but Nikko doesnt really spend much time in it, he will jump in, drink, and get back out.  I bet Kodiak would love it tho!

ROFL @ Gary!

I have a square rigid plastic pool I got a few years back and you couldn't get rigid plastic pools for love nor money! lol But like a few have said, mine use it as a large drinking vessel. Maybe if we had a bigger one, they'd step in to it. I know Kaviq would use it as he loves water & if he's in a stream, lake or sea, he lies straight down in it

regular plastic one... only problem i've had is Luka destroying them if they are left empty. they're so cheap though i don't really care.

post-7406-0-99310600-1373901150_thumb.jp

I wish Nikko would lay down in the pool but he won't sit or lay in it. Maybe he doesn't want to get his bum wet ;)

we got out inflatable one out yesterday n they got it right away , suprised they didnt pop it tbh but their claws are pretty blunt from street walking (and i clip them down too) but we usually use a plastic side one , or a sand pit one for them

this is their first pool they had (for them and for us)

this is their current pool - just for them

this is the pool we got out yesterday , supposed to be for us but they jumped in

The second type is like the ones we had and they busted both from jumping in and out and wrestling with each other lol

Mishka likes the more natural option, the fish pond ;) lol

I would of thought those sea shells plastic pools to be pretty strong? Or maybe this type:

(Not filled up to the top though, just to the top of their legs I'd say)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Awe :) and we thought about a pool like that(more for us lol) and we would always be in for supervision just didn't know if they could rip one

regular plastic one... only problem i've had is Luka destroying them if they are left empty. they're so cheap though i don't really care.

post-7406-0-99310600-1373901150_thumb.jp

Wow that is much bigger than the ones we had last year..maybe I should try one that size..we had to of the exact kind but they were real small and the dogs barely fit in it(they LOVE water) and they like to wrestle in the water and busted the sides on both..that one seems rather larger though!!

We got a little one for bear, ( well it's 40 inches but seems little lol ) and he loves it, only problem is he also loves getting shopping wet and then running indoors !

That's the one we use to have!! And the dogs would wrestle and bust the sides lol

Sasha has a shell pool that she uses as a drinking bowl and when its hot she jumps in and scratches the bottom like no tomorrow lol they did have a pool the same as Nix's first pic it lasted a week it was Dozer that put a hole in the bottom of it we have a bigger one for summer when it comes back around but I'm thinking maybe I should put something hard on the bottom so Sasha can scratch at it but not rip it.

We use a cement mixing pallet from a DIY shop (Wickes) and is only about 2" deep, but is really strong and robust including being chew proof.  Had it about 2 years and it is out all year round.  Mine like to stand in the water and dig to kick water over themselves.  Might need to invest in a deeper pool as the current foster likes to swim and sit in water.

Wow that is much bigger than the ones we had last year..maybe I should try one that size..we had to of the exact kind but they were real small and the dogs barely fit in it(they LOVE water) and they like to wrestle in the water and busted the sides on both..that one seems rather larger though!!

we got this one for like 20.00 dollars i think