Upset Tummy

JoBee

Hi all me again!!

Just wondering if the stress of bringing Kobi home today could of upset his tummy, he has the runs, and I mean its like water!

I have exactly the same food as he had in kennels, and he appears to be settled. I've just settled him where he will be sleeping, and at the moment is quite contented!

I can ring Dog Trust for info at any time but thinking it maybe due to the big day he's had.

Just wondering what you, more experienced, guys think :-)

Jo

Yeah, it could be stress.

Change of water even.

What food is he on and how much are you giving him ??

When I brought each of my pups home they had the runs for a few days.  Not sure if you guys can get canned pumpkin over there, but that worked wonders.

It is persists more than a few days or there is blood in it, or accompanied with vomiting then I would ring the vet

They said they feed all their dogs on Arden Grange and gave me a small bag puppy/junior . I was told to feed him 250g ?? morning and night (8 months old).

Thinking of giving him boiled rice this morning?? hubby just took him out and said still the same.

Might phone kennels and mention it and obviously visit vets if no improvement.

Jo

500g sounds a lot - that's two full cups. It may be worth trimming the food back to see if that helps. Storm gets about half this, though it does vary from dog to dog. He's on Arden Grange chicken and rice, and does well on it.

try giving him boiled chicken with rice little and often this happened to my puppy we had him from a rescue seemed to take ages to get his poo right we got there in the end but still took him to the vets as we were worried about dehydration, might be best just to get him checked out. good luck.