Sit Means Sit

Alicia22

Kiya started training today, at Sit Means Sit.  After watching the trainer's dog, and then watching Kiya go through some of the training, I am very excited to what are possible outcome will be.  Have any of you gone through Sit Means Sit? 

Nope - sounds like it may be a New York only training center??

I would make sure they include you in the training as well, if they only train the dog and they don't train you to train the dog...then what's really the point? 

Yes, I am actually included in the training.  He shows me what to do, then before I started, I did it on him.  Then I worked with Kiya.  They actually have a training collar.  To show me that it doesn't hurt them, he held onto it, as I pushed the button.  Then he handed it to me, and he pushed the button. There are different settings.  I am all against shockers, and this does not shock.  It feels like how one of your limbs would feel if it was asleep.  

http://www.sitmeanssit.com/

I thought about taking Yukon to a trainer to do all the work, but thought the same thing.  I think it's more beneficial if your the one training the pup, and the trainer is teaching you what to do.  But if you do go with them, do let us know the results, I would be interested to see how it works out!

This method, does not correct when the dog misbehaves.  It is for a "hey, I want your attention." Right now for the work we are working on come, sit, place, quiet, and off.  If I say no, I am not supposed to click the the button because it associates it with something bad.  My brother just came over and I told him to put the collar on his hand, and after 15 minutes of him acting like a fairy princess because he was worried it was going to tase him, I did it and he goes, wowwww, I was overreacting haha.  Um yes, you are, I let you shot me first and I wouldn't have let you do that if I knew it was going to hurt.   When we left, a dog came in, that used to be dog aggressive, and she didn't even pay attention to us at all.  Didn't even bark. Was watching her owners the whole time!