On Your Own

Stormy

While I'm not completely on my own, I'm away during school (8 months of the year) I am.

I find it a real pain to cook - its annoying, doing it 3 times a day, and I don't think how I can do this for the rest of my life! :P

Work. . . Lots, long hours (thank god for a huge garden and a dog flap)

Social life. . . . . ha, ha. . whats that.  Occasionally catch a movie at the cinema, play pool with the kids.

Life. . . yep I have that. (Checks pulse just to be sure. . . yep)

I was terrefied at first, but I quite enjoy it now, I like being able to do what I want when I want, without having someone on my back all the time lol

Do get lonely at times though :/ I guess it depends how far you are from friends and family

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Work so my paycheck can all go on the dogs lol

I will be starting college this fall but only will go a couple hours for three days a week and will not be working unless I do side jobs for local animal shelters

I find cleaning hard to do lol because the dogs never leave my feet!

Friends..not a problem! :) have people over just about every night and they enjoy my dogs and we still go out and do stuff but never for to long and a lot of times dogs come with lol

Most my friends also have huskies so they being theirs out or we take ours over :)

I'm not really alone since I'm living with my mom, my sister and my grandma, but the fact that I'm the only working person in the family makes me feel like I'm all alone! I usually spend the whole day at work, M to F, 8 to 5, then I come back home, get Ares for a walk, come back in the evening, play video games or read a book and then go to bed. And this is like that for 3 years now.

Social life? Lol.

That sounds a bit ominous. My best friends a single mum and ok, so she doesn't have dogs but two children and a full time job are hard to juggle but she manages, although it is stressful. Others I know who do have dogs, make friends by attending dog events and such like advertised on fb, they have a way better social life than I do that's for sure!

If this is you that we're discussing then personally, I think you'll be fine. You're young and more importantly you're ckearly smart. If anyone can make it work, then it would be you! Have some faith in yourself, and play it by ear. You'll soon find out what works and what doesn't by trial and error. Eventually things will slot into place and you'll have a happy balance of work and play. Take care Stormy! And if you're ever down our way, you'll always be welcome to come say hi with us and our fluffy butts. X :)

That sounds a bit ominous. My best friends a single mum and ok, so she doesn't have dogs but two children and a full time job are hard to juggle but she manages, although it is stressful. Others I know who do have dogs, make friends by attending dog events and such like advertised on fb, they have a way better social life than I do that's for sure!

If this is you that we're discussing then personally, I think you'll be fine. You're young and more importantly you're ckearly smart. If anyone can make it work, then it would be you! Have some faith in yourself, and play it by ear. You'll soon find out what works and what doesn't by trial and error. Eventually things will slot into place and you'll have a happy balance of work and play. Take care Stormy! And if you're ever down our way, you'll always be welcome to come say hi with us and our fluffy butts. X :)

Thanks Emma :) Kent is quite far from me but you never know, i may have a road trip one day lol :)

I've done the couple thing, and I've done the alone thing, I've even done the alone thing while part of a couple ( lol) and there are pro's and con's. I think it all depends on the other half of the couple,  financial stability, two incomes are a pro, another person spending your hard earned cash,  a con. Companionship, if you like each other, a pro, if they disappear down the pub or into a video game every night, a con.

I will say that there are some advantages to living alone that most people don't think of, 

If you want to ignore the sensible dinner waiting in the fridge and eat ice cream and strawberries, you can

If you want to sit in the bath until it's cold with a book and a glass of wine, you can and finally,

If you want to put on a crappy album and dance naked, YOU CAN ! 

It's all about choices, only you can make them, and only you can decide you have the RIGHT to make them

I think I'm balancing it pretty well. Working 20 hours a week I'm barely skimming by financially and can't afford to go to school until my car loan is paid off but anymore hours and I can't give the pups as much attention as I'd like to.

Am on my own 5 days a week ( Sue works days I work nights )  and though it sometimes gets boring in the winter the rest is taken up doing the garden or the cars :)

Then again when I think about am never alone because I have this place and the net :)

Have only had the puppy 2 months and I think I've coped well so far.

Once you all get settled into a routine it's pretty easy. Only thing that I sometimes find hard is the early mornings as skyler wakes at 6am EVERYDAY and being the only one home I have to deal with it.

She's is now fine in her crate after a noisy first couple of days. Yours are used to being crated though ain't they? If not they will get used to it eventually.

Social side of things I go over to watch the boys rugby training twice a week with the dog (I'm having a year off) so she gets a nice run around. At weekends I don't really go far. If i have planned a night on the lash my mother will usually offer to look after the dog for the night.

You can do what you want when you want. The dogs hasn't proved a hindrance at all as I aim to do stuff which involves her too, so for now its happy days

Most of the time I have lived with someone, but I have also spent some time living on my own.  Both has pros and cons.  Living by yourself can be quite expensive, and you do get lonely sometimes, but then again you can do what you want,. watch whatever TV you want, be as clean or messy as you want, etc.  If you have a good social network on your own you should be fine as long as you can afford it.  If I were on my own I would not be able to afford as nice of a place as I have. 

in the final months of living with the ex, he was away with his new gf a lot so when I was at work the doofs were at home all day long. This has put them in good stead now it is just the four of us. Rehoming them cos I don't like the thought of them being caged all day was not an option because what if the new family worked all day long?.. they go out, running or walking  and they put themselves in their cages even when they don't need to be in them. Walking and running  the three of them is a challenge for the first mile or so. I get dragged about like a rag doll but once they get into a routine its ok. I am alone but not lonely. Thanks to husky owners I now have a circle of friends up here which I  never had while in a relationship

before i lived with Josh i coped just fine. and when we were going through a rough spot i pretty much felt like i was alone. I surrounded myself with friends, worked, and did stuff with the dogs. i feel like no matter where life takes me, i've got my Luka and I'll be just fine honestly.