Schoep Has Passed

Mazz

For those who don't know, Schoep and his owner John became sort of famous last year when a photo of the two hit the Internet. The photo showed Schoep floating in Lake Superior in Northern Wisconsin, supported by his human, John.

http://t.today.com/pets/dog-pictured-floating-sleep-owners-arms-has-died-6C10680004

I saw this earlier on Jessica Hatch's FB page. So sad, we always said that if any of our dogs needed that we would suck it up and get in the freezing cold water just to make them feel better.

RIP. at least he had a good life and someone that loved him very much

I cried when I first saw the post last year tears of happiness I suppose seeing the love and trust schoep had for his dad, now crying again after reading he had died my heart goes out to john such a very sad time. RIP Schoep  xxxx

Oh crap you've set me off :(

The first time I saw that picture, I cried my eyes out. It's heart breaking to see a good friend deteriorate like that, and I know I'd do exactly the same thing if it meant my pups would get some peaceful sleep.

Sounds strange but I felt like I knew that dog from all the stories I'd read, and it's so sad to see him go, but at least he can wait at Rainbow Bridge pain free now :)

R.I.P Schoep <3

- Caity