Where They After My Huskies???

Millie & Poppy

Hi, 

ive not been on for a while but I wanted to just mention what happened yesterday as to me it all seems a bit strange!  I am usually at work on a thursday  but was of yesterday and my OH had taken the car, Poppy started barking at the bedroom window which doesnt really happen ever, but then she moved to the living room window which is above our front door which is where she will bark if she sees someone who doesnt live on our front so we alwys know if someone who doesnt belong is about. so with poppy barking and then i heard my front gate go, strange at half one but figured it must be a parcel getting delivered or something, so i get up to see who it is when i see 2 people a man and a woman both in my garden walking towards my house both in postman shirts but when they spot me their heads go down they turn around n walk out quick straight into a van which has parked at the side of the house and leave.. I went to check and ther was no mail or parcels, and my postman i kno and came earlier that morning. 

the fact that they saw me and couldnt of left any quicker and it did look like no one was in the house. I do think it was possible they wer aftr my dogs as i kno thers been alot of that happening recently.... even if they wer delivering post since wen does it take 2 ppl to post or deliver something...

i just wanted to let ppl know because if this is the case no one would suspect someone in a postman shirt....

if anyone hears of anything simliar please let me know.thanks.xxx

im lucky my neighbour is home alot as she child minds so i have had a word so hopefully she will keep a good look out, we have never had any problems before in this area so hopefully it will stay that way.

The 101 number is the police number thats non emergency so reporting crimes and things like that so 999 doesnt get called by people when not needed. :) 

x

That definitely sounds Dodgy.

I would check your frontage of the house and garden for random stickers or new Graffiti

These guys "tag" a house and then a few days later another part of the gang turn up with a van and

your dogs are gone.

And you're exactly right the Royal Mail Tshirts is just camouflage. 

i have seen things about the stickers so i have had  a look around but cant see anything,i will keep a look out though. my dogs hang out the window all day when im in coz they can see the whole road so to be honest they are well known by everyone who lives down ther. 

i have so much to do today but dont wana leave the house just incase, the car has even been moved to see if they come again altho i dont think they would be stupid enough to do it again the next day.. but these people probaby dont think that logical anyway! 

x

I agree its definately dodgy! Scary too!

I wonder, could you leave a flyer type note, saying something like ''We are aware of dog thiefs, this house is on constant watch''

Or stick flyers around your neighbourhood saying ''Please be aware of dog thiefs in the area, they could be in disguise, report anything suspicious to the authorities''

It might help put them off the area completely as they do change areas when people become suspicious.

Anyway, glad your pups are safe and sound with you :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I agree its definately dodgy! Scary too!

I wonder, could you leave a flyer type note, saying something like ''We are aware of dog thiefs, this house is on constant watch''

Or stick flyers around your neighbourhood saying ''Please be aware of dog thiefs in the area, they could be in disguise, report anything suspicious to the authorities''

It might help put them off the area completely as they do change areas when people become suspicious.

Anyway, glad your pups are safe and sound with you :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with sticking flyers around the area, put them on lampposts etc where they are clearly visible to put people off. Did you manage to get a number plate? I hope it doesn't happen again but I'd be on the look out for strange van/s starting to park up or drive around slowly & report them too.

Let's hope they've taken the hint if they were up to no good

Sounds like they were going to try and nick something, thank god they chose to leg it. Really scary, I liked Frenchies idea of trying to deter them. All I can really think of is to make sure your house is as secure as possible. Windows locked when out, strong locks on your doors. Stuff we all should have anyway, I guess. Stay safe. X