Would You Rescue A Dog In A Hot Car?

Frenchie

http://youtu.be/-bkVs5xMNfM

Saw this advert, thought it was good :)

Should be on TV really!

1. It would send a message to people that if they see a dog left in the car that they shouldn't just ignore it.

2. It would send a message to those dog owners that people are not afraid to break in their car to rescue the dog.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

was at a shopping complex last year and a car i passed had a German Sheppard inside and all the windows were steamed up from the condensation as no window was left open and it was hot out.

found a security guard and he called the police to the scene and they smashed the window of the car to help the dog.

i didn't hang around to see what happened when the owners returned to the car as i had work.

was at a shopping complex last year and a car i passed had a German Sheppard inside and all the windows were steamed up from the condensation as no window was left open and it was hot out.

found a security guard and he called the police to the scene and they smashed the window of the car to help the dog.

i didn't hang around to see what happened when the owners returned to the car as i had work.

Good on you! :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I would check the doors to see if they were open to get the dogs out.

If not then I'd phone the police or find security..

I would call the police first...ask them how long they would be and depending on how long they would take tell them I am smashing the window...if the doors are locked...

I would probably take a few steps before smashing a window:

1. Depending on the size of the store/restaurant/bar, I would go inside and ask that they either make an announcement, or I would ask loudly if someone had a dog outside in their car (in case they had forgotten or lost track of time). If this step was going to take longer than a minute or two, I would - 

2. Call the police. Ask them for advice. I wouldn't smash the window without asking the police first.

ETA - If the dog was in the condition of the dog in the above video, and it was in the middle of a large parking lot in the middle of nowhere, yes, I'd smash a window. I would still call the police though to let them know.

Edited by Chula

First I would call the police and wait nearby until they got there.  I would not confront the person, as you never know what kind of wierdos are out there, and someone that leaves their dog in a closed car can't be all there.  It would depend on the condition of the dog on how drastic I would be.  If the dog was passed out or looked like it was in trouble I would break the window as a last resort.  However, around here I would probably be the one arrested or charged given the police in this area :(

First I would call the police and wait nearby until they got there.  I would not confront the person, as you never know what kind of wierdos are out there, and someone that leaves their dog in a closed car can't be all there.  It would depend on the condition of the dog on how drastic I would be.  If the dog was passed out or looked like it was in trouble I would break the window as a last resort.  However, around here I would probably be the one arrested or charged given the police in this area :(

Naw. If you were arrested, all you would need to do is bring it to light in the media. The media would eat that story up. So many people would be outraged over the mess, it would give the police dept bad publicity. You'd be cleared in no time. After all, public service personnel can't be looking bad... :P

Naw. If you were arrested, all you would need to do is bring it to light in the media. The media would eat that story up. So many people would be outraged over the mess, it would give the police dept bad publicity. You'd be cleared in no time. After all, public service personnel can't be looking bad... :P

Like this from last week? :(

Cheney was fired from her job as a pharmacy technician at Kemptville Walmart after she spoke to a customer about the danger of leaving his dog in his truck

http://o.canada.com/2013/07/11/walmart-woman-fired-dog-hot-car/

Depends on outside temperature and how distressed the dog was. if I believed there was time to get an announcement or security then I would. I rarely go shopping with the doofs but if I am out with them and need something the windows are down and the car parked in the shade if there's any (even disabled or parent and children spaces)

Nearly did on Sunday when i saw dog in a car at a retail park. The window was barely open and it was roasting outside. I was walking to car when owners returned and needless to say words were exchanged and they drove off.

If the dog was in any distress i wouldve smashed the window and dealt with the consequences.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If the dog was In That condition I wouldn't hesitate to smash the window to help the dog its not only considered cruelty its just plain stupid to leave a dog in the car on a hot day the temps get into the 40s degrees here yet people still do it. I've seen someone break into someone's car to help the dog the owner rang the police but it back fired and the police took it to the RSPCA the person that helped the dog was praised by the police.

If the dog was ok I'd ring the police first wouldn't go to security there useless here in most places depending on what they say I'd still break the window if the owner came back before the police arrived I'd suffer the consequences they wouldn't get a very nice reaction if they tried to start something lol