Ice Cream Vans

Val (Zebedee)

Do you have an ice cream van that comes round the streets with his jingling tune? I didn't realise just how much the ice cream van numbers had dwindled until I read this article (read it as I am a Quo fan but I knew Rossi's background was in ice creams)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/status-quos-francis-rossi-used-2069015

I bet they are making a comeback in the UK with the weather we're getting right now

Do you have a favourite flavour ice cream? What toppings do you like? I like the sherbert .. nom nom!!

We have one that comes around in all weathers!!! He was even here in January!

Ours is the same, not sure what he sells over winter. We got 4 good downpours of snow this year, enough to snow us in for a day or two here in the cul-de-sacs but you could still hear his chimes at 5.15 every evening on the main roads! Strange. Wonder if he brings hot soup then??

Some new legislation was passed in the last few weeks, allowing them to play their jingle for 12 seconds at a time, rather than 4 as has been the case for erm... a while.

I prefer the Magnum / Feast type, but not too fussed really

when  I was a kid they sometimes came around on a warm day in summer. in st Helens they came around frequently and in Liverpool he is in my street every night, shame its always before my tea time so I cant get a whippy type

There's at least 3 round here, but one of them doesn't sell ice cream... He sells cigs :')

Favourite ice cream is either caramel/toffee or something fruity, like mango :)

Janetta's in St Andrews, Scotland makes the BEST ice cream I've ever had :3 The joys of being a Scot, get to go up at least once a year!

- Caity

I've heard a few people say that the chimes make their husky sing along - thankfully mine don't!

Some new legislation was passed in the last few weeks, allowing them to play their jingle for 12 seconds at a time, rather than 4 as has been the case for erm... a while.

I prefer the Magnum / Feast type, but not too fussed really

I didn't realise there was a time limit as such on them - I knew it couldn't play indefinitely, if you like, but not that it was 4 seconds. Our ice cream van has always played his jingle for longer than 4 seconds, it takes him that long to get from 1 cul-de-sac to the next! lol Good job they've lengthened the play time then :P

We've always had them round our way,  ( I now live 4 minutes walk from where I grew up ) summer it was ice creams and lollies, winter it was hotdogs, burgers and vile instant hot chocolate that we begged for !   There's one outside the local primary school EVERY day,  has been there since my boy started school at least - he's 18 now !

As a kid the van used to parkup outside our house in all weathers but there was always a queue

My favourite used to be the double cornet with different flavours or a tub lolly of any flavour. Never seen any on our street since we moved here in 1980

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2