Bump Behind Upper Chompers?

Chula

Whilst wrestling with Chula the other day, I noticed that she has a small, hard, raised, circular lump right behind her upper front teeth. It's regular gummy flesh colored. I pushed on it and it doesn't seem to bother her. I also googled it (which is usually a mistake) but most of the results said that it's fairly normal and just to keep an eye on it to see if it grows.

Do your pups have this lump? I suppose I could give the vet a call but they won't give advice over the phone so I'd just be bringing her in. I'm a first time dog owner so I don't know if this lump is something worthy of a vet visit.

Balto had one I would say when he was 5 or 6 months and we took him to the vet to weigh him for his heart worm pills and we mentioned it so she looked and told us to keep an eye on it and if it got bigger to bring him in for further evaluation but to see what happened when we brought him back in a month to weigh him again. We took him back and it hadn't gotten bigger but instead smaller, it may not be the same as yours as she thinks that when he lost one of his baby teeth something irritated or inflamed it since it got smaller. She said if it doesn't get bigger or smaller then it is just a normal structure that is more common in dogs such as boxers but it doesn't mean others cannot get it.

Okay, I think it is this (the first thing listed!)

Incisive Papilla. It definitely has a hole in the middle. I told the OH it looks like she has a venom duct and maybe that's why she's such a naughty girl, cause she's part snake.

http://virtuavet.wordpress.com/2011/08/28/top-five-panic-appointments-that-dont-have-to-be/

Feel like I'm back in school.  Learned something new today.  Gives me something to discuss with the vet on my next visit.

It doesn't sound like it will be a problem.

But, just in case, I'd take her to the vet. My boy has an epulis. Haven't been to the vet to have it removed (money just isn't there...even with insurance), but it hasn't grown or anything. It's huge though...about 1/2 the size of his front canines (or 'fangs')

ice has a small raised fleshy lump behind his top front teeth, we got him at 5 1/2 months old he had it then he is 14 months now it hasn't got any bigger just stayed the same. I thought it was normal to the breed but I will be keeping my eye on it.