Hello All

itssimplyme

Hello everyone,

I am new to forums so you will have to bare with me a little till I get use to it :) .

A little bit about me:

My name is Carly, I am married to a Marine and we are currently stationed in Eastern NC. I am originally from Florida so I am grateful that we are close to home.

Now on to the best part! :pawprint: :pawprint:

Meet Kato

post-9999-0-38117300-1374516287_thumb.jp

My husband and I got Kato from a friend when he was 3 months. My friend could not have another dog at their house so they had to give him up. Since we didn't have a dog and she wanted him to go to a close friend we took him into our family. Kato is our first Siberian Husky. Kato has been such a pleasure to have. He was very easy to crate train which was such a relief. When we were in California he was always crated when we would leave the house, but after the house was all packed to be moved we left him alone when we would leave to see if we could trust him. After that we have never crated him when we leave. In California we were not fortunate to have a big backyard so he was always on a leash when he would go outside. Of course he would always want to escape whenever he had the opportunity. When we moved to NC we were blessed with a house with a huge fenced in backyard and I know he is loving his life :bouncy: . He has been such a happy dog since we have been over here. We are able to walk outside with us without running away. He loves to take long walks around the neighborhood ;) . About a month ago we got a pitbull named Ayla from a couple that was PCSing and couldn't take her with them and they have become best friends. She is about to be 4 months in August.

post-9999-0-24369200-1374521818_thumb.jp

Of course Kato LOVES :wub:  to run & Ayla loves to chase him. He just recently turned 1 so he is not my little puppy anymore, but he will always be mama's baby boy. He loves to hide under anything he can fit under. I thought that would change once he got older and bigger, but that hasn't stopped one bit. Kato doesn't do much cuddling he usually finds a spot on the floor to go to sleep. He likes to be close at those awqward moments(like in the bathroom).

I am done rambling now :). I am excited that I have found somewhere that has people that share the same love for Huskies as I do. I know where I will be finding my answers at from now on. Thank you for letting me become part of this GREAT forum.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiya Carly, hubby, Kato & Ayla, welcome to Husky Owners. You really sound like you're as husky mad as the rest of us!

I'm glad you found us, if you have any questions or queries, whether to do with the forum or your husky, feel free to ask away; there's usually someone around to share a bit of advice or chat with

I love the photo of Kato kissing Ayla, so sweet :wub:

Welcome and what gorgeous dogs! Hope you enjoy the forum! Met some great people on here :)

Ps. I know what you mean about the accompaniment to the bathroom, I am followed up the stairs with my audience who do not appreciate the door been closed! Lol then they all follow me back down and go to sleep again! Haha

Welcome to the pack! Beautiful pups - I've always loved red huskies! :wub:

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post up a thread and ask. We're a friendly bunch here and don't bite (...much!) :)