Busy Busy Busy

Stormy

Got up at 5am this morning sorted dogs out and then went to work, drove to work in the rain but was light ish.... half an hour later after opening the store it was pitch black outside! 

First problem electric going on and off....

Second problem Paypoint machine (electric keys gas cards etc etc) stopped working...

Third - Lotto machine stopped also although this later came back of its own accord

Pulled delivery in in the pouring rain lol

Did our labour management on the computer for the week (first time i had done it on my own)

I had two fridges leaking that i had to sort out twice getting all the water out of them. 

Tried to do banking but had to leave the office multiple times during so took longer than it should have. Then later had Loomis arrive to pick up banking and give me new change which they arrived a couple mins after i had a conferance call with the whole area and area manager. 

Its a promotion change day tomorrow so printed out all the tickets for them (must have been 100 sheets worth of ticket paper) along with then over 130 new tickets that needed to be put out today and confirmed on a handset.

Back to pay point I was by this point speaking to them every half an hour so they could monitor the problem etc to which at around 3.15pm they finally said they would send an engineer out to give us a new terminal...

Alongside all this getting as much stock out as we could.

Then i had a colleague phone in sick.

Then we had a team leader who had been off sick come back into work today so i had to do a "return to work interview" with him was also the first time i have ever done this. To which i also had to inform him he was going to be getting a Disciplinary meeting with a possible verbal warning with the manager to which he was not to pleased about.. 

I also had to then show this team leader how to do "spot checks" on tills as money has been going missing... 

And i still felt guilty for not getting everything done but then remembered that i cannot do everything and they normally leave it in a much worse state than i did :)

So I did not leave work till 3.45pm (finish at 3) then a 12 mile drive home to then sort the dogs out again :) 

I am tired now :) lol

Sounds like a plan, but when you have a husky ( or two....) the best laid plans lol,

Don't I know lol. I haven't had a good sleep in over a year lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Woah, that's A LOT of tasks for one shift!  Well done for getting through as much as you did.  Hope you're enjoying your new(ish) role still, looks like you truely earnt the roastie you got given the other day!    :)    

Haha was definitely mad I didnt eat till I got home. Well I havnt had a drink yet I am going to soon but I did have a nap not by choice i just fell asleep lol

yeah I'm enjoying it still just when things started going wrong I wasn't totally sure what to do but feel I handled it fine :) shame the team leader taking me off was then in a massive bad mood due to the return to work as it made me feel slightly bad then I thought to myself well best get used to it as I'll have to do these more in the future and even the disciplinarys themselves to colleagues or team leaders when I go higher up also

Sounds like you handled it well. It is also why Rob in a better mood when he has been on delivery van all day as opposed to duty manager in shop (He works for Iceland).

Aaaa right yeah it can be stressful at times