How To Speak With A Southern Accent

LittleLuka

I pick up accents easily too. Lol, I went on a family vacation before I was married, I called boyfriend (now husband) and he couldn't understand me. I was in Georgia for 2 days and blended right in!

So does Sarah on here (admin) lol she had to watch herself not to speak like me while i was at husky camp :)

I lived in Rhode Island for 2 years and came back saying "Pach Ya Cah in Hahvad Yahd" :rofl:

:blink::rofl:

believe it or not, when i was younger i thought i didn't have a southern accent. i thought i talked like the girls off of clueless... my family made a home video one christmas and i heard myself... i cried. lol now i just embrace it.

Accents are so differnent everywhere you go around here! People around here have accents closer to Chicago, but then you go an hour east and there is a different kind of accent, and people just a few hours south have a southern accent in Indiana.  This state has like 3 different accents going on lol

Accents are so differnent everywhere you go around here! People around here have accents closer to Chicago, but then you go an hour east and there is a different kind of accent, and people just a few hours south have a southern accent in Indiana.  This state has like 3 different accents going on lol

everyone in my state pretty much talks the same.. it just gets more country depending where you go lol. i have family up north though and they def. all talk differently. my great aunt/uncle live in buffalo, ny and wow do they sound different! haha

• 1 month later...

I read a book one time, on "How To Speak Southern".  All I picked up from that was the following:

"Ya'll are nuts!"

"Mon back here with my suppa!"

"Hoe de doe for da wimin foke!"

"When I say RAT NOW! it don't mean next week, it means RAT NOW!"