Ice Cream

Alicia22

tbh I'm not entirely sure.  If it's just plain natural yoghurt then that's probably best but flavoured ones are probably full of sugar and other stuff that tastes great but isn't too good for either dogs or people so not likely to be any better than regular ice cream. 

Dairy can cause runny poop in dogs, particularly sensitive breeds like huskies as some can be intolerant to it, in any case dairy products are not of any benefit to a dog.   I guess it's down to you really, if you really want to let her have some, then maybe just give a tiny amount to see if she can handle it?  Personally I'd try to make my own frozen yoghurt with plain bio yoghurt and see how successful i was! 

yogurt is the better of the two. Also it can cause them to have runny poops but Balto has the most sensitive stomach of any dog I have met he can't even have chicken and rice but he can handle a small thing of icecream on an ice cream cone. As long as you aren't giving your dog icecream everyday but instead here and there every few months or so then there shouldn't be an issue. It is a good way to reward them for good behavior. Many people will probably say things like how can you give your dogs human food when they are animals or something along those lines but as long as you do it in moderation it should be fine. I even checked with my vet before we gave Balto any icecream and that is the exact words that came out of her mouth.

isn't ice cream a dairy product because it contains so much milk? tbh milk isn't the best treat for huskies because of their sensitive digestive system, but yoghurt is different. Diamond loves yoghurt and instead of giving him the runs it actually firms up loose stools. But every dog is different so if you really wanna give her some, you can try give her a small amount and just see how she handles it :)

Oh, Nikko LOVED it too!  I just didn't love the after effects.  If he could talk I am sure he would say it was well worth it!

:doglaugh:

i gave Luka frosty paws and no issues. he loves the stuff! :) i did the peanut butter flavor