Thoughts Please

mydiamond

BACKGROUND STORY:

So as some of you already know, I am Diamond's fourth home. The first is his breeder who's unfortunately a BYB. Second is his rescuer, the lady that took him out of his neglectful living condition but could not keep him because she already lives with 8 dogs. Third is a couple that owns 4 dogs. But six dogs (plus Diamond and his littermate) are too much for them as well, so they split the brothers up and one of them ends up with me. This third owner visited Diamond regularly in his first month at home, but then my mom found out that the wife once worked for my mom's friend. That's when my mom heard how this woman is in debt with a lot of people and she never paid a cent. Unfortunately, my mom heard that story after this woman ran off with (approximately) USD$800 of my mom's money. After giving my mom a fake address when she attempted to get her money back, this couple "disappeared". Like they always do (apparently) after tricking someone into a bad investment. Years gone by and since there's nothing we can do about it, my mom lets it go and often tells people that she bought Diamond for USD$800. We still have never received any phone calls or visits from this disappeared couple.... Until this week.

THE CONCERNING EVENT:

About three days ago I took Diamond on a new route in our afternoon walk and came across this lady in a sedan (saloon) car. She's pretty far from us, but she was yelling Diamond's name. This is common in our neighborhood as Diamond is pretty much a local celebrity, but in that neighborhood nobody knows him! I thought she also has a dog called Diamond, but then I turned around and she's looking straight at us. I stopped to see if I can recognize her, but her face was hidden by the car's rearview mirror. This woman and I are looking straight into each other's eye now, and then she yelled again: "Diamond!". And I thought "that's it, I need to know who this lady is" so I walked to her car and she immediately puts on sunglasses. Five seconds later her husband walked out of the house, got into the car and while still eyeing Diamond, they drove off. After the sedan was out of sight, I realized that couple looked very very similar to Diamond's third family. But they don't have four dogs anymore. Their two Pomeranians, one mixed breed and one prized regular show winner Golden Retriever is nowhere to be seen. I did, however, found a small white Northern breed dog. I can't be sure is it a husky or a Samoyed because I can only see the dog's head and a curled tail, but it definitely has blue eyes. 

Yesterday Diamond screamed for walks about 15 minutes before Top Gear ends... So my maid walks out and asks if she should walk Dime for me. He really doesn't look like he could wait 15 more minutes, so I said "okay". An hour later, my maid came home with a similar story. A lady in a sedan, this time without her husband, was yelling "Diamond! Diamond!" from a distance. This time however she added "I missed you!". And just like three days ago she drove away when approached. That kinda confirms it I guess... this lady is Diamond's previous owner. Who else would scream "I missed you Diamond"? :huh: honestly I really don't mind if she wants to come over and see how my boy's doing, but she is also the woman that ran off with my mom's eight million rupiahs. What do you think I should do if (and I very likely would) I see her again? I'm a paranoid when it comes down to my boy and with dognapping on the rise these days I'm a little bit scared  :( but I don't really have a reason to think that she'd snatch my boy either. Thoughts, anyone? Sorry it's so long... You know I can never explain anything shortly  :P

seems abit sketchy , im not sure i'd let her see him , not after she had taken money off your parents :/ i'd be worried she would try n get diamond back 

glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks that :D I'm not a paranoid after all! Yay!  :P I don't like to judge, but my mom's friend--the one this woman once worked for--told my mom that *maybe* this couple runs some kind of a private pet shop. Because except for their prized Golden Retriever, their other dogs seem to be coming and going. Presumably sold to cover some debts they can't run away from :( and now they lost that Golden, and got a white Northern breed instead! I checked some online stores to see the average price of northern breeds in my town nowadays and the fact that they're very expensive terrifies me :( 

I would keep my eye out for sure.  Make sure he's microchipped and keep the police number handy. 

no such thing as microchip in Malang, but I'm definitely saving the local police number in my phone now  :wacko:

make sure you keep taking lots of current photos of him from all angles write down any distinctive markings etc he has (like the long stripe down his nose etc) so if anything does happen and he goes missing (heaven forbid) it will be easier for you to get him back , his eyes will be distinct enough but any other extra markings specially something only u might know/notice will help prove hes yours

It might sound a little drastic but what about tattooing his ear, I know some owners put the chip number in there, you could do your phone number really tiny, and don't tell anyone. If anything ever does happen they'd have a hard time explaining why YOUR phone number is tattooed on their dog lol. 

Did your mum file a police report about the money ?  If so she could call them and say they're back,  get their car registration or photos with your phone, DO NOT let them see you do this,  if you feel at all in danger, RUN.

It might sound a little drastic but what about tattooing his ear, I know some owners put the chip number in there, you could do your phone number really tiny, and don't tell anyone. If anything ever does happen they'd have a hard time explaining why YOUR phone number is tattooed on their dog lol. 

Did your mum file a police report about the money ?  If so she could call them and say they're back,  get their car registration or photos with your phone, DO NOT let them see you do this,  if you feel at all in danger, RUN.

Diamond has his registration number on his ear alright but it's blurry considering it has been 4 years.. But I do have his papers. And no my mom didn't file a police report. The thing is she originally ran off with ten million rupiahs but after she found out my mom is friends with her ex-boss, she returned two millions. My mom thought "okay so she IS going to pay" but she didn't we never received the remaining eight millions. 

Can someone walk diamond with you for a while, to keep you both safe. Your parents should definitely go to the police. They may soon disappear again. X.

unfortunately my mom works from 8 to 5 and my dad is often out of town... my brother can't be bothered but I'll see if I can get him walk with us. He needs more exercise after all  :rolleyes:

thanks guys xxx

make sure you keep taking lots of current photos of him from all angles write down any distinctive markings etc he has (like the long stripe down his nose etc) so if anything does happen and he goes missing (heaven forbid) it will be easier for you to get him back , his eyes will be distinct enough but any other extra markings specially something only u might know/notice will help prove hes yours

I did this already because of a thread here in the forum  :lol: thanks!