Just A Bad Day

LittleLuka

just needed a place to rant honestly.

got in an arguement with my lovely mother because i am finding out she is going to be paying for my sister's college when she refused to help me at all. i'm STILL trying to finish my stupid degree but it's hard when you have to pay for it out of pocket because you can't get financial aide because of their stupid income!!!!!!!! fortunately, i'm old enough now where they don't affect that aspect and maybe i'll be able to get some type of help. Paying about 5,000 a semester is about to kill me even if i only do have one more semester left i plan on going to grad school...

then i try to complain to my boyfriend ( you know ... the man i thought was supposed to support me?) and all he does is inform me that i'm 23 and need to grow up and get over it. Can i not be upset over something and just vent? i am fully aware that females can be somewhat dramatic at times but this is a big deal to me and i would expect my significant other to just listen to me. this is just the icing on the cake for our relationship. everything seemed to get better and now it's just going down the drain again. i just don't know when enough is enough i guess.

i'm over being stressed out. it's one thing after another i swear.

anyways, just needed to get all of that out. Thanks :)

Aww no hope your okay. I cant advise you on your OH at the moment mine doesn't support me in anything currently. So i feel for you there :( 

It must be hard that your mum is paying for your sister and didn't you my dad is like that unfortunately.

Aww no hope your okay. I cant advise you on your OH at the moment mine doesn't support me in anything currently. So i feel for you there :(

It must be hard that your mum is paying for your sister and didn't you my dad is like that unfortunately.

i've always been fine being single. it's just difficult when you live with them. kinda scary thinking about moving out and all of that.

yeah, apparently my little sister is special. she doesn't have to get a job even though i was expected to. the list goes on....

That sucks!  I was pretty much an only child, just had half brothers and sisters, but I would be ticked if they paid for school for the other and not me.  Doesn't seem fair. 

Did you try applying for student loans?  You should be able to just use your income if your not living at home and supporting yourself.  Even if you don't qualify for the Pell grant, you should at least be able to get Stafford Loans.  I just got an Associate's degree and racked up a nice amount of loans lol. 

Sorry to hear that your OH isn't being very supportive.  I think you have right to be able to vent about your own mother!  And who cares, it's still not right to give preferential treatment!

i've always been fine being single. it's just difficult when you live with them. kinda scary thinking about moving out and all of that.

yeah, apparently my little sister is special. she doesn't have to get a job even though i was expected to. the list goes on....

I know how you feel it is scary and is something i am having to think about right now

That sucks!  I was pretty much an only child, just had half brothers and sisters, but I would be ticked if they paid for school for the other and not me.  Doesn't seem fair. 

Did you try applying for student loans?  You should be able to just use your income if your not living at home and supporting yourself.  Even if you don't qualify for the Pell grant, you should at least be able to get Stafford Loans.  I just got an Associate's degree and racked up a nice amount of loans lol. 

Sorry to hear that your OH isn't being very supportive.  I think you have right to be able to vent about your own mother!  And who cares, it's still not right to give preferential treatment!

for some reason it's set up where you have to be 24 to not have your parent's income no matter if you are supporting yourself or not. The only way around this is to be married/or have children. Luckily i filled out the fafsa this week and since it's for the 2013-2014 term I'm allowed to only put my income since i will be 24 in December. Only problem is I don't know how much aide i will get with just my income either. i'm taken out one load, i just tried to avoid owing a small fortune by the time i graduate. it will be my last resort.

Ahhhh, makes no sense why they did it that way, there are plenty of people going to school under 24 that are on their own, and shouldn't have to include their income.  I was already old when I started college so I didn't have to worry about that lol.  I, however do owe a small fortune for just an AS degree!

for some reason it's set up where you have to be 24 to not have your parent's income no matter if you are supporting yourself or not. The only way around this is to be married/or have children. Luckily i filled out the fafsa this week and since it's for the 2013-2014 term I'm allowed to only put my income since i will be 24 in December. Only problem is I don't know how much aide i will get with just my income either. i'm taken out one load, i just tried to avoid owing a small fortune by the time i graduate. it will be my last resort.

Ahhhh, makes no sense why they did it that way, there are plenty of people going to school under 24 that are on their own, and shouldn't have to include their income.  I was already old when I started college so I didn't have to worry about that lol.  I, however do owe a small fortune for just an AS degree!

my point exactly. my parents don't pay for anything of mine it has driven me crazy that i've had to include their income the past three years!!!!!!!!

yeah, well i already know i'm going to owe a fortune for graduate school so i'm trying to keep undergrad at a minimum. lol

Ugh. I'm sorry. I would be really hurt if my parents didn't value my education as much as my brother's. I'm not one to really complain about fairness between children/siblings, but it does seem like education is one area where there really should be some fairness. :(

Ugh. I'm sorry. I would be really hurt if my parents didn't value my education as much as my brother's. I'm not one to really complain about fairness between children/siblings, but it does seem like education is one area where there really should be some fairness. :(

thanks. :) i'm sure i'll get over it, it just pisses me off that i can't even complain about something to my own boyfriend. grrrr