Tattoos!

Danny_Caity

I'm always interested in getting to know you guys, and this is a topic close to my heart (well, skin!)

Tattoos:

Who likes/Dislikes them?

Who has one?

How do we feel about people that do have them?

I personally love them, I only have one at the minute, which is this (the second one is upside down, it's on my ankle and I'm very un-coordinated!):

post-9312-0-46718700-1374789739_thumb.jp

post-9312-0-38389900-1374789758_thumb.jp

but I'm planning to have more, and Danny has 10 altogether, and planning more!

Happy debating :D

- Caity

**EDIT** Just noticed you can see Nika's paw in the second one, looks like she's taking the p**s out of me with her ankle! :rofl:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love tattoos,  had one done years ago by lal hardy,   :)  had it redone elsewhere (!) And now it's rubbish, so looks like it's back to lals,  my OH spent YEARS telling me how yuk they are and now has two, a dragon on his shoulder blade and a wyvern on his arm, we're both planning more and my daughter wants one as her 18th pressie, she's got a while yet she's only 16 lol

Love them. I have two currently. I have a butterfly on my hip (stupid) from when I was 18, and a giant bouquet of lilies with my daughter's name under it on my right shoulder/back. Next one I'm going to get will be for my son on the left side.

Love them I have 2 and ever since the first one I've wanted more. Planning on gettin another in a few weeks when were on holiday. Looking at gettin paw prints from my ankle going up my leg. One for all the dogs in rainbow bridge and here :) xx

I have 10 and still want more, celtic cross behind left ear, Scotland flag top left arm, moms name inside left wrist, scull and rose left hand, 2 magpies left foot, black cat right shoulder, punk zebra top right arm, band of roses round top right arm, rosary beads right wrist and hand, devil right ankle.

I have 18 and plan to get more

Its all about personal preference. . I like people with or without tattoos

People will judge those with ink.. so if you are afraid of stares amd comments then maybe they arent for you

I know as a tattooed mum I get pigeon holed but I dont care

I have 7, one being my 11yr old boarder collie shep cross's paw print on my wrist where shed hold hands for a treat, as a memorial to her.. My daughter has 4 and my boys each have one..hubby wants one but has needle-Phobia lol. My next one with be KCs paw but unsure if I should do puppy print or wait till she's fullgrown......love tatts they tell a story even if its spur of the moment.....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I have one, I play wheelchair basketball for GB and have been to 3 Paralympics, I wanted a tattoo to represent this. It's something that's a part of me and something I'm extremely proud of! I will be getting one or two more, but not sure what or where yet. I said I wouldn't get anymore, but I think I must have forgotten how bad it hurt!

post-121-0-56851500-1374700132.jpg

I have 6, I am looking at getting one covered up as it's meaningless to me now, another tarted up as it's very plain, I want something to represent my 2 kids (but not their names, I know they're always gonna be my kids but just not a fan of names). I did see one that was a skyline of Liverpool, the city I was born & raised but it's where to put it. I don't want tats on my arms (I don't mind other people having them there, Grumpy has a few on his upper & lower arms & my eldest lad has a full sleeve) so I dunno where it would go as I have Diesel's eyes looking out of a skin rip and a tiger cub across my shoulders, a tribal tat across my lower back - maybe under the eyes & tiger?? I dunno.

I love them I have one at the moment I want more but I have rare skin disease which makes my skin over heal makes it look 3D in a way but also means its faded and the colour in some parts looks like its not there now.

My next planned tattoo is going to be a Phoenix (our son when he decides to grace us with his presence, will be named Phoenix) with his birth weight and day in its claws. And I also what one of Sasha and Delta and a previous dog Twiggy but I have to find the right person to do that.

post-9013-0-53160100-1374726069.jpg

When my tat was first done

post-9013-0-35595900-1374726367_thumb.jp

Not a very good pic but that's what it looks like now the sun doesn't help either

I like tattoos that hold a message and have some meaning to their owner. I currently have 4, probably will get more when I settle on what I want to express.

The first one I got:

487334_10150991890222872_935483008_n.jpg

It says Alone in the Crowd and I made it when I was around 18. In that period of my life I was pretty much the rebel and I often felt like I've been different from the crow. Sadly, almost 5 years later, it's pretty much the same.

This is my second one:

561262_10150991891637872_1217619797_n.jp

I regret it a little bit just because most of the people believe that it's the Nazi eagle, which is not correct. It's the logo of an American hardcore band called Sick of it All. Again, back then I used to listen to hardcore a lot.

The third one which I got (and other 4 crew members) is on my ankle and it's an abbreviation saying "SLC" which stands for Street Life Crew which me and a friend found 7 or 8 years ago.

484180_10150862723887872_1577742580_n.jp

And the last one which I got 3 weeks ago are Japanese kanji that mean a lot to me and I'm really keen on keeping, so this must be my favourite one.

u962.jpg

Yaaay! So many lovely pics :D I'll ask the OH if he minds me taking some pics of his, but he's got:

•  The Chinese symbol for devil surrounded by a shuriken on the left side of his neck
  • 'Mum' and a gothic style cross with a rose wrapped around it on the right side of his neck
  • A Japanese full sleeve on his left arm, including a Geisha, a white tiger, a Coy Carp, a Japanese Buddha sat on a Lotus, and a Samurai fighting mask (soon to all be connected by Cherry Blossoms)
  • A rose with 4 petals on the stem (one for each brother, including him) on his right forearm
  • a cross on his upper right arm
  • Two castles with two dragons fighting between them on his back

And planning to get a showgirl-style lady, a Vampire we've lovingly named Cassandra and a Werewolf called Seth as a two-piece :)

I have one, which I've posted, and I'm planning this:

post-9312-0-50176600-1374789318_thumb.jp

I've been obsessed with Harry Potter for the longest time, it's a series of books that really affected me, and I think it's a fitting tribute :)

I also want something for each of the pups (a crown for Nika, a devil for Damian, and a pair of spectacles for Asha)

A Maneki Neko (Japanese lucky cat) on my thigh,

The Buddhist symbol for the noble eightfold path (it's basically a ships wheel) on my back

And I'm toying with the idea of a Greek Mythology inspired half sleeve

Sorry for the looong post, I just love everything about body art, I'd love to be a tattooist (If I could draw!)

- Caity

Yaaay! So many lovely pics :D I'll ask the OH if he minds me taking some pics of his, but he's got:

•  The Chinese symbol for devil surrounded by a shuriken on the left side of his neck
  • 'Mum' and a gothic style cross with a rose wrapped around it on the right side of his neck
  • A Japanese full sleeve on his left arm, including a Geisha, a white tiger, a Coy Carp, a Japanese Buddha sat on a Lotus, and a Samurai fighting mask (soon to all be connected by Cherry Blossoms)
  • A rose with 4 petals on the stem (one for each brother, including him) on his right forearm
  • a cross on his upper right arm
  • Two castles with two dragons fighting between them on his back

And planning to get a showgirl-style lady, a Vampire we've lovingly named Cassandra and a Werewolf called Seth as a two-piece :)

I have one, which I've posted, and I'm planning this:

attachicon.gifIMG-20130725-00987.jpg

I've been obsessed with Harry Potter for the longest time, it's a series of books that really affected me, and I think it's a fitting tribute :)

I also want something for each of the pups (a crown for Nika, a devil for Damian, and a pair of spectacles for Asha)

A Maneki Neko (Japanese lucky cat) on my thigh,

The Buddhist symbol for the noble eightfold path (it's basically a ships wheel) on my back

And I'm toying with the idea of a Greek Mythology inspired half sleeve

Sorry for the looong post, I just love everything about body art, I'd love to be a tattooist (If I could draw!)

- Caity

Love, love, love Harry potter !  Never thought of having the Hallows as a tattoo though. 

Love, love, love Harry potter !  Never thought of having the Hallows as a tattoo though. 

Yay! A fellow Pothead... Wait, that sounds bad! :rofl:

To be honest I did want a spell from HP on my wrist, but I couldn't decide on one, there was too many to choose from! Plus I don't see many tats with the Hallows and the school motto together, so I thought it was a little bit more unique :)

- Caity