D-Day

Mia-Blue

Well tomorrow is the main day of Brooke's Adpergers assessment.......I feel sick to the stomach and am petrified they will tell me nothing is wrong with her and I'm just a rubbish mum :(

She's not been too bad this week, but that's most likely due to the fact she isn't in school! That said she was extremely unsettled yesterday when I left her at playscheme, didn't like the noises or that other people were looking at and trying to talk to her!

Hopefully we won't have a long wait for the results and answers to how we can help her be happier than she has been. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that she will be on form so they get a true picture......not sure I'll get much sleep tonight!

Psychologist told us there and then that he was sure Ben had aspergers, confirmed later by letter. Fingers crossed x let us know x

They have already told me I will have to go back a few weeks later for the results so I'm not expecting any answers tomorrow, but as soon as I know I'll let you know x

Debs you are a great mum first of all, if you were a rubbish mum you wouldn't be worried would you? :D I can't tell you not to worry but you know where we are if you need anything. I'm sure you will have some answers soon. Big Kodiak sized hugs :) xxx

Thanks :) I'm a bit of a mess tonight to be honest, human nature of looking at the worst case scenario sucks!

I'm writing a list of behaviours so tomorrow I don't forget anything as I'm sure itl be an emotional afternoon.

Its good to know you're there.

Hugs much appreciated Kodiak xxx

Even if your little one behaves like an angel, they should be able to tell if aspergers is an issue.  There are lots of indicators,  and they should know them all, as I'm sure you do.  Good luck,  treats for afterwords, glass of alkymahol for you, organic, no additive, no colourings, no flavourings, lolly for brooke, (or the other way round lol)

Well my list is huge!! I've put my pen down before it becomes a novel! She should get her diagnosis on the list alone, but who knows?

I suppose I should go to bed and try and sleep.

Oh and currently Brooke is arranging her DVDs and CDs in alphabetical order and has colour co-ordinated her wardrobe........hmm what typical behaviour for a 13 year old! Lol

Thanks guys for your support and very kind wordsx

Well what a long afternoon! So far the assessment has taken 3 1/2 hours! I have spoken with the clinical psychologist to give Brooke's developmental history and have discussed her behaviours. Brooke has spent time with a speech and language therapist to look at her interactions and understanding of 'words.' She is currently taking part in an ADOS assessment to see if she scores within the spectrum, so I'm sat patiently waiting in the waiting room!!

Hopefully it won't be much longer before she is done. And then the wait for the results will start, i do hope it won't be too long!!