Swimming!

Chula

And I'm about to smack the people on her fb page who are making fun of me for putting her in a life jacket. We were in the middle of the lake, swimming off a boat. I'm seriously controlling myself from verbally kicking some people in the teeth.

Edited by Chula

She's cute! It's actually really responsible ov you , my skyla went swimming once (not by choice she pulled the lead out my hand chasing ducks) for the very first time n ended up under the water , I panicked so bad , luckily she came back up n swam back but I dunno what I would have done if she didn't :-/ not all dogs know how to swim by instinct

Yeah she had never been swimming before, and she knew how - but got tired quickly. Especially with waves that would put water into her face. Plus I don't know how we would have lifted her back in the boat without the life jacket handles!

Either way, not cool to make fun of someone trying to be responsible. Besides, it looked cute on her. :)

Also, I have friends who kayak/canoe regularly and they suggested a life jacket. And they're the coolest people I know in real life, so I take their advice over some trashy strangers.

Edited by Chula

You were very responsible :) 

Shadow is scared of water he got taken into the sea and dropped in by an ex of mine :( and he has fallen in a couple times since and he panicks so if i ever went on anything like that i would be doing the same as you as he could panick and then drown 

And I'm about to smack the people on her fb page who are making fun of me for putting her in a life jacket. We were in the middle of the lake, swimming off a boat. I'm seriously controlling myself from verbally kicking some people in the teeth.

You're doing the right thing take no notice of them  :angry:

Nice picture BTW :)

Chula did panic a few times, I think when she started to get tired. Instead of swimming nice and smooth, she started flailing around a little and her paw strokes turned into paw water chops. The jacket was really helpful because I could swim over to her and kind of hold her in place and let her relax and realize she wasn't going to drown. 

You were very responsible :)

Shadow is scared of water he got taken into the sea and dropped in by an ex of mine :( and he has fallen in a couple times since and he panicks so if i ever went on anything like that i would be doing the same as you as he could panick and then drown