Ladies & Gentleman, May I Have Your Attention...

richd514

Allow me to introduce Turbo!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now a little about our story.

In may of this year, our pit bull (Kayla) had a cancerous growth which was removed. Sadly, it came back very aggressively in June and was spreading so quickly, my wife and i had no choice other than to put her down, 3 days before her 8th birthday :(

Kayla was a great dog, and changed lots of peoples perspective about pit bulls. My wife really wanted another. But i wanted a husky. I've always been fascinated by their beauty, their energy, their love of outdoors,.. The list goes on..

So we decided to get both. I've done tons of reading about huskies and understand they are high energy, high maintenance dogs, and welcome the challenge they bring. We adopted Turbo on July 1st, and he is doing great so far. He is great in the car, great with the kids, loves his crate, and he is doing excellent on a leash for daily walks. I don't want to jynx myself.. But he is also doing great with housebreaking.. No messes in the house or create in almost 2 weeks, and whines at the door to go out!

The only problem so far is that he likes to put EVERYTHING in his mouth.. But we're working on that.

My wife put a deposit on a blue female pit, and we well have her (Electra) the last week of August.

I've been lurking on the site for a few weeks, and have gotten some good info. I look forward to being a part if the community/heard here! :)

Rich

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hidden

Welcome! Sibes can be very mouthy critters. But positive training can help a great deal with that.

Make sure you research the APBT breeder really well. The dilute gene that causes the "blue" color has been linked to certain behaviors.

Sorry about Kayla. Never easy going through the loss of a family pet. Turbo looks like a handsome boy. You'll have to work with him on the mouth issue. We use the command leave it before our's goes to pick something up, and if she of ahead of the curve and has it in-mouth, we use the command drop it. And welcome to Husky Owners. You are gonna like this place.

welcome to H-O! Turbo looks like a stunning little boy :D at his current age, which I assume is somewhere between 4-5 months old, mouthing and chewing is only normal. They're in teething stage as of now :) however you can train him to chew only on his chew toys and not your hand or other stuffs ;) enjoy your stay!

welcome to the forum, Turbo is very handsome. Losing a pet is hard and heartbreaking and new dogs don't replace but put the sunshine back in our lives .xxx. Solo is approx. 2 1/2 (rescue with no history) and still thinks everything has to pass through his mouth especially socks. Look forward to pics of Electra she sounds cute. x

Welcome! Turbo is very handsome :heartbeat: . Your husky is going to love the company. We have a husky and a pit too. Kato loves her company. I've always loved both Huskies and Pits and now we finally have both and I couldn't be happier. Ayla our pit loves to run and bark at Kato around the yard and Kato loves it. This forum has a lot of great information and has answered many of my questions.

hi Richard, welcome to Husky Owners - glad you've stopped lurking! :P

Sorry to hear about Kayla, but you did what was right for her. I love Turbo's "freckles" on his nose, he's a real cutie. I guess he looks so sweet, he'll lull you into a false sense of security and when Electra comes home, they'll keep you busy with their antics :lol:

Don't forget the obligatory "Welcome Home, Electra" photos when she arrives :click:

I lovee his freckles, he's such a cutie. My only advice is to be sure to do lots of alone-time and training with the pitty once she comes home, I got Cloud and when he was 6 months old I brought home 2 month old Yuki, and although Cloud is really bonded with me Yuki isn't bonded as much as I'd like. I did a lot of one-on-one training with her so it may just be her sibe personality, but she really bonded with Cloud instead of me. Turbo's a handsome boy and Electra looks like shes going to grow up to be a beauty, can't wait to see pictures as they grow :)