Fans

Stormy

Do fans use alot of electric? I've been putting it on at night for the dogs when its been really humid and then in the day when i go to work when it is also really humid other than that it isn't really on.

I asked Rob to put it on last night when he came upstairs to go to bed (i had gone to bed earlier i was nackered) and he had ago saying that im using loads of electricity with this fan.

You can always check,  with the fan off, check the number on the meter, wait an hour, check again, do the same thing with the fan going, and the difference is how much electricity the fan uses, I can't tell you how much it will be as all companies charge differently, but it should tell you on their website the cost for one unit of electricity ( I think it's measured in joules ) just multiply that cost by however many joules the fan uses and you've got your answer.Will probably be pennies.

We bought Kodiak 2 Dyson Air Multipliers which apparently use less power... We'll see when the bill arrives!!!

We were worried that Kodi might try to stick his tongue in the blades of a normal Fan when we're not at home, so this was safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Im leaving the fan on still when i go out etc im not putting the dogs lives at risk just because he is moaning about the cost

That's our thoughts with Kodiak... I'd rather pay more electricity than risk Kodi's health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I have the ceiling fan on in the conservatory & a stand alone fan in the living room & they do not run away with the electric. It's things with heating elements that make the meter spin like a fast spinny thing! :lol:  Kettle, iron, heater, electric shower etc all use tons of electricity

Only bad thing about a ceiling fan it only has two modes. Hardley moving and going to tear off and fly somewhere mode.

At  my old house we had a ceiling fan.

it used to be flapping around all over the place, going like the clappers sounding and looking like it was going to rip itself off the ceiling.