Micro-Chip?

Jaxy

So we had our two pups micro-chipped as there is this trend of Husky's getting stolen in our area. And of course there is always the risk of them getting the idea of deciding to roam the area when they get a gap somewhere so we felt its much safer for them. What are your thoughts on this?

post-10714-0-22323700-1374844688_thumb.g

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Holland it is now law that pups are chipped after birth..and the other thing is that if we want to go abroad Germany,Luxemburg France etc they have to have a passport and they can only get a passport when chipped...so yes both of mine are chipped....

Here some breeders give you the option of chipped or not. My sister and her family bought a pup a few years ago, soon after the lil one was stolen. So I agree, micro-chip should be mandatory. 

Mishka is chipped, the law that all dogs must be chipped is coming in 2016 in the UK

Personally I don't see why any dog owner would not microchip their dog, its cheap, quick and at least you know the dog can't lose your details if it goes missing, a dog can easily lose a collar with a tag on it but the chip is always there :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I would go a stage further if I could and have um GPS chipped :)

I've never heard of that, how do they work?

I've seem some gps trackers for the collar, but it was about £200 if I remember correctly, I can't afford that lol

I've never heard of that, how do they work?

I've seem some gps trackers for the collar, but it was about £200 if I remember correctly, I can't afford that lol

Don't think you can I was just saying I think it would be a really good idea :)

I think microchipping is an amazing idea. Anyone can take a dog tag off easily, but I don't think people would go further to try to take the microchip out. I got both my pups microchipped on the first visit to their vet. I think microchipping was an marvelous invention :) .

Our two pups were micro-chipped two weeks ago which means they were still pretty small. Its a great invention though! And would definitely recommend it! So glad I'm not the only one that finds it useful ;)

All mine are micro-chipped, it was a Godsend when Myshka got out as a youngster as it meant they had a contact straight away. I have done a micro-chipping course so I am qualified to micro-chip small pets too (guinea pigs, cats, rabbits, ferrets, dogs etc) and I too cannot understand why people would not get their pets chipped from an early age

All of mine are chipped.  Nikko came to me chipped, and I got Yukon done when he was neutered.  Kodiak came chipped from the rescue, and it registered to them, so if he gets lost they will contact the rescue group first.

For Yukon I paid 25.00 for the chip, and $75.00 for a lifetime registration.  I can update as much as I want and there is no annual fee.  The company will also notify area shelters, pet stores, etc if he ever gets lost, and email any local members that they are lost.

All dogs chipped and tagged

All cats chipped

Fish not chipped - it may have tramatised them: fish and chips  ;)

Rats weren't chipped - who ever heard of rat and chips! :rolleyes:

Malcolm the stick insect not chipped - think the weight might be a bit too much for him and he'd stand out in the leaves, no longer looking like a stick!  :D

Kauro is chipped ... A GPS chip would be nice... There has tobe a way... Lol... With so many husky lost or stolen in my area... I'm afraid to think about it really... Plus he loves everyone... Ugh... I need to buy a gun also since I have two preteen daughters also... Sooo I need 3 GPS chips lol