Anyone Else's Husky Prefer To Be Outside?

Blizzard

Blizzard is only just 14 weeks and absolutely loves it in the garden, but we do struggle at nightime to get him in, I'm sure he just loves the cool weather lol, be better when his run is built but even then is it a good or bad thing to let him sleep in it? He'd love it but I'm worried he may become say less attached or more wild? Forgive me if I'm just being silly lol but want to get things right from the start, he won't be locked in the kennel/run unless we had to go out and it will be very secure but it just worries me that's all x anyone else's pooches sleep outside? Sorry for the sideways pic lol don't know how to get it straight on ipad x

post-10616-0-57527600-1374874935_thumb.j

It's common for huskies to enjoy being outside, especially in the winter, and some will want to stay outside overnight at times. Seeing as he is still young, I would not risk it (he could be stolen, picked off by a predator, or somehow hurt himself). 

It's normal behaviour. But, I'm one to talk - mine prefers to stay INSIDE! :P

Yes I totally understand lol, I'm exactly the same ! Love him to bits already n would never want anything to happen to him x think ill be carrying on with the sleeping inside! I'd feel much safer in the thought of him being with us :) he's just so mardy about it I literally have to pick him up or he just keeps lying down on the grass haha :) x

I would love AC inside but unfortunately I haven't got it :( blizzard loves a frozen towel to lie on with the fan on lol :) think I'm going to order him a cooling mat for his crate so he can feel cooler at nightime x x u can't help spoiling them can u ? Lol huskys are amazing I'm well and truly addicted ill probably end up with 5 ! Haha xx

I have to train Diamond a special command to get him inside the house  :lol: before he learned the command I have to get him up from his sleeping position and direct him to the door because he wouldn't walk by himself LOL and he's a 30 kilograms 4 years old baby  :rolleyes:

Haha :) I can see blizzard being the same as your diamond in years to come! He's such an outside dog! He just loves it! We had thunderstorms here the other day n he still went out and slept under the gazebo! Crazy dog lol :)

I have a dog flap so the pooches can go in and out as they please.

Darwin will quite often take himself outside whether it's sunny or raining or snowing and just lie out there getting a bit of quality alone time.

Ares lives 24/7 in the backyard now, he just doesn't want to be inside as he gets easily bored and usually the temperature inside is at least 5 degrees higher. In the backyard he has the full freedom to do things he's not supposed to do and get dirty. Probably that explains it :lol:

we have a flap so they can choose. Mostly he is indoors (like now) but when it was really hot last week he went out till 4 in morning (usually sleeps under our bed). In the winter couldn't get him in during the day especially when it was snowing unlike Charlie the xbreed who was lying on top of the radiator lol

Dog flap is a good idea! Atm I've been leaving the door open but won't be able to when the weather cools, haha! Yes agree that must be why! Blizzard dug his first hole in my lawn yesterday and loved it the naughty boy lol he looked so cute tho he'd had so much fun! I must try and replace the lawn digging with a large sandpit I think tho! Or ill have no grass left :)

Haha :) I can see blizzard being the same as your diamond in years to come! He's such an outside dog! He just loves it! We had thunderstorms here the other day n he still went out and slept under the gazebo! Crazy dog lol :)

Not that crazy, at least he was under the gazebo and a bit sheltered, Bear slept out in the rain for about 45 mins the other night, got totally soaked and then came in and jumped on the bed.

I have a large dog run and kennel. The idea originally was for Mia and Teo to be outside during the day whilst we are at work. However Mia chose to sleep outside....she would ask to go to bed each night by standing by the door to be let out, and then running to the back gate to be allowed into her run! When we adopted Teo he was very much an indoor dog, however within a couple of months he too was asking to sleep outside. Now most evenings by 10.30 we are pestered by both dogs to put them to bed!!

This has by no way affected their behaviour towards us, they love to be in the house and spend hours every day with the family.

I feel really happy that my 2 get the best of both worlds......lots of outdoor time as well as being a huge part of our family, without me feeling guilty at locking them in crates whilst we are out at work.

I say go with your pups flow and let him choose where he wants to be to ensure his happiness :)

That's great debs :) thanks for your reply! Very much appreciated, I think once the run is complete ill go with blizzard and see what he wants to do, I'm hoping he likes his run as costing a lot to build lol! Have had to do it though as one side of my garden is hedge and he keeps trying to pop through, once his run is done we shall get on to the fence so we won't have to constantly supervise him in the garden :) will keep you updated! X

Until recently, all 3 loved to be outside, Asha point blank refuses to come in the house sometimes, she pretends to be asleep :P

Damian's pretty obedient so he always comes into the house but would much prefer to be outdoors, unless it's hot, our house is always cooler than outside during heatwaves :)

Nika recently will not set foot outside. She won't walk on grass or anything, she stands on the path to do her business then comes straight inside, it's freaking me out!

- Caity

In the summer Balto hates and I mean hates to be outside as it is too hot for him. In the winter with snow on the ground is another story, he would be out there all day if he could. However, he does not want to sleep out there and prefers to sleep close to us in his cage. If we leave him alone outside you can hear him barking and yelping thinking we left him and as soon as he sees us he is jumping and going nuts

When it cools down here in Tennessee our husky refuses to be indoors and its almost impossible to get her inside at night. I let her sleep outside a lot I just make sure she has water (note: she cant dig or escape from our yard) 

my only concern is someone stealing her so we lock our privacy fence gate. stolen dogs is a problem where we live.. 

I go outside and play with her a lot when shes out there and shes definitely not less sociable she loves it when we join her outside. :)